Thread: HTML disclaimer

kevlatimer is offline Intermediate Member

Default HTML disclaimer

Hi All,

I recently found the solution to my adding a "disclaimer" to all outgoing emails - took me longer than I expected because it isn't a disclaimer as such so it took a few attempts to get the search phrase I needed!

The only bit that doesn't work quite as expected is when someone sends out an HTML email. It doesn't bother me as such (policy dictates plain text, as it should be) but one or two people have discovered Outlook stationary and I'm trying to figure out how to not have it lump a obtrusive line of black Times New Roman at the end of the grey-coloured email.

I've seen references to people creating separate plain-text and HTML disclaimers but haven't seen (or missed) mention of it in the wiki entry or forums.

Any pointers welcome!

Cheers,

PS - another EU legislation sufferer here, just voted on bugzilla for this to be a 'proper' feature!
    Kev

kevlatimer is offline Intermediate Member

Scratch that, I just saw the --disclaimer-html option. It was set to the same as the --disclaimer option and I just didn't notice the difference. Stupid.

It must be said, this is the most ridiculous legislation I've had to try and implement in a good few years, and it seems a lot of other people are having trouble implementing it by the precious few emails I've received from UK companies that include this info (even email from law firms).

I wonder how other platforms are dealing with it - the likes of Exchange, Notes, Scalix, OX etc? With Zimbra using Postfix, hacking it is (relatively) trivial, but what about the commercial beasts?

Thread Information