Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Appointment Select Probem - Two Missing

moniker is offline Loyal Member

Default Appointment Select Probem - Two Missing

Just look at the screenshot for an explanation...

Running Zimbra 4.5.3 GA Open Source edition on RHEL4. Time on the server is correct. Cache on my browser has been flushed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by moniker; 03-11-2007 at 09:55 AM.

soxfan is offline Moderator

I'm seeing the same thing (same version - 4.5.3 GA - RHEL4). I'm assuming this has something to do with the DST change. This seems like a pretty major bug. Hopefully there is a simple fix.

Ok, glad I'm not the only one. I'd have to assume that it is a DST related bug as well.

Hopefully this something that can be fixed in the configuration. Other than this issue though everything else seems to be running fine.

I'm also seeing some issues with some appointments being off by an hour. I'm looking at the other recent post titled "Daylight Savings Time" and hoping the fix provided there will help.

Did you create a bug in bugzilla for this problem (the "2" missing)?

What's interesting is that if I do make an appointment from 1:30pm - 1:30pm and then hover over the appointment it shows it as being from 1:30pm - 2:30pm even though I don't have an option of choosing 2:30pm in the dropdown.

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    I'm also seeing some issues with some appointments being off by an hour. I'm looking at the other recent post titled "Daylight Savings Time" and hoping the fix provided there will help.

Did you create a bug in bugzilla for this problem (the "2" missing)?
    Not yet. I'm sort of hoping a Zimbra employee will get wind of this post and give us a solution.

I think I'm seeing some appointments off by an hour, but not others. Weird stuff.

kdunphy is offline Active Member

I'm not sure this is related to what I'm seeing but there is a bug in java, see: Daylight Savings Time

It didn't solve the problem for me, but maybe it will work for you.

Keith

I just created a bug for this (15284). This is a pretty serious problem in my opinion. I've been playing around with creating some test appointments. In the calendar view, if you double-click on 1 PM it opens a new appointment screen and shows both the starting and ending times as 1 PM (ending should show as 2 PM). If you simply accept the appointment for an hour it actually works fine. However, if you want to change the appointment time to only a half hour (1:00 to 1:30) it doesn't work. If you push the ending time to 1:30 and save it, back in the calendar view it shows a 90 minute appointment (1:00 to 2:30). If you click on New --> Appointment I can't figure out how to get an appointment to start at 2. Seems like there are ways to get appointments properly scheduled for the 1 to 3 range, but you have to play around with things, and it is pretty confusing. I have a feeling my users won't be happy tomorrow AM if there is no fix for this.

By the way, I did see the other post on the Daylight Saving Time issue. I applied the Java patch, but it did nothing to fix the "missing 2" problem. Rebooted server, flushed browser cache, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    I just created a bug for this (15284). This is a pretty serious problem in my opinion. I've been playing around with creating some test appointments. In the calendar view, if you double-click on 1 PM it opens a new appointment screen and shows both the starting and ending times as 1 PM (ending should show as 2 PM). If you simply accept the appointment for an hour it actually works fine. However, if you want to change the appointment time to only a half hour (1:00 to 1:30) it doesn't work. If you push the ending time to 1:30 and save it, back in the calendar view it shows a 90 minute appointment (1:00 to 2:30). If you click on New --> Appointment I can't figure out how to get an appointment to start at 2. Seems like there are ways to get appointments properly scheduled for the 1 to 3 range, but you have to play around with things, and it is pretty confusing. I have a feeling my users won't be happy tomorrow AM if there is no fix for this.

By the way, I did see the other post on the Daylight Saving Time issue. I applied the Java patch, but it did nothing to fix the "missing 2" problem. Rebooted server, flushed browser cache, etc.
    Thanks. Hopefully they'll see your bug report and fix it ASAP.

gmsmith is offline Moderator

I too am seeing this behavior on two distinct instances of 4.5.3 (NE) running on RHEL4 (patched for DST).

Don't forget to vote for the bug at: http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15284

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information