Thread: Zimbra Community free edition Alternate Email (backup) server for pop3 accounts

raazhn is offline New Member

Default Zimbra Community free edition Alternate Email (backup) server for pop3 accounts

Dear,

I have an (Zimbra Community free edition) email server in RHEL 5+ with about 40 users.
    My interest to post is event is to get the idea about, what is the way to keep my pop3 emails in the server or have a backup of my users emails.

In my scenario, users are using outlook as pop3 and "delete from servers" checked. But, I would like to keep all the users email to be backup up or there may be a secondary server which holds the emails of the users (and not deleted). Please help me regarding the scenario.

Thank You.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by raazhn View Post
    My interest to post is event is to get the idea about, what is the way to keep my pop3 emails in the server or have a backup of my users emails.
    This subject has been covered before in the forums, use IMAP for the client connections and take a backup of your server on a regular basis.

In my scenario, users are using outlook as pop3 and "delete from servers" checked. But, I would like to keep all the users email to be backup up or there may be a secondary server which holds the emails of the users (and not deleted).
    You'll never be able to stop a user removing email from a server even if they use IMAP.

Please help me regarding the scenario.
    Search the forums for details on how to archive solutions and/or backup your mail server.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks bill for your reply.

But then, can you please give me an idea to have an Alternate server which will keep the emails from my Primary server. Whereas, the secondary server always holds the emails that reaches/sent to the Primary Server.

Thank You.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

But then, can you please give me an idea to have an Alternate server which will keep the emails from my Primary server. Whereas, the secondary server always holds the emails that reaches/sent to the Primary Server.
    I've already mentioned that it my previous post, take a look through the forums for an archiving solution (or even the internet), that is what you need not a second server and you should also backup your server on a regular basis and learn how to do a disaster recovery - all these subjects have been covered or there are articles in the wiki.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

ok...

Thank for your reply.

Thread Information