Thread: Unlisted recipient rejected correctly on Zimbra, but not on the always_bcc host

delveccj is offline Member

Default Unlisted recipient rejected correctly on Zimbra, but not on the always_bcc host

Hello,

I've recently configured Zimbra to forward a copy of all incoming/sent mails to an archiving server (mailpiler).
    When I check the mails received on the bcc host, I can see thousands of spams archived, all these spams are sent to a non-existing user in my Zimbra.

So basically, Zimbra rejects emails sent to unlisted recipient (smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=yes in main.cf), but these mails are still forwarded via the always_bcc parameters and can make it to my archiving server.

Seems like they are forwarded straight away and these mails does not pass into the 'unlisted_recipient' check.

Is there a way to correct it?

Thanks in advance.

Update : I managed to figure out "why" this happens :
    -A copy of all incoming mails is forwarded to a known host (my archiving server) via the always_bcc parameter.
    -The mail passes the "unlisted_recipient' check since the mail is sent to a known host
    -My archiving server stores the email using the TO: header, which, in this case, is replaced with a unknown user, that's why I can see mails sent to unknown user making it to my archiving server..

I still haven't figured out how to solve the problem, any advice?
    Last edited by delveccj; 05-21-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Default Update

I figured out "why" this happens, since a copy of each mail is sent to a known user, the mail sent to the archive can make it throught the "unlisted_recipient" check.

Once my archiving server receives it, it archives it using the headers (FROM: and TO: ) and this is where I can see mails sent TO:unknown-user@mydomain.fr

However, I still haven't figured how to solve this problem, any advices?
    Last edited by delveccj; 05-21-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Update :
    Seems like I have a catchAll set up on one of my account, check it with zmprov -l gaa mydomain.com -v |grep zimbraMailCatch
    Returns : zimbraMailCatchAllAddress: @mydomain.com

I'm gonna try delete it and i'll come up with another update.

Problem solved by deleting the zimbraMailCatchAllAddress who was set on a specific user.

Thread Information