Thread: Spam - Review Folder

ElMo2 is offline Starter Member

Default Spam - Review Folder

First of all I have searched, but have not found much information on this specific topic

Would it be possible to modify the spam filter, by sending all spam marked (or server rule marked) to a "review folder".

This way an admin can log in and manually filter the email (to reduce the false positives) or comply with company rules such as “every attachment needs to be reviewed.” (images/word documents etc)

Or adding in filters so some words can also trigger the mail to go into the review folder. (xxx, and so on)

This would be for the network edition, and we would be providing this service across the board for our client base. (So a single operator can handle many companies review folders.)

So pretty much adding filters to divert to a review folders, and then a manual release or delete function.

Is this possible in the correct version by changing or adding a few lines of code, or would it be quite a large “add on” that we would have to write.

If there is code cutting required, can you. Or do you recommend someone to preform this task.

Thank you for you time.
    Clint

birdsthewurd is offline Intermediate Member

Default Was this resolved

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am wondering the same thing. I'd like to be able to review anything that is tagged as spam, since there are some ham messages in there on occasion. The only solution I could think of right now is to have spamassassin rewrite the subject headers and create a filter on all mail clients that push these messages into a spam folder for them to review themselves. Then, they can forward the messages as attachments to either the spam or ham accounts, but I'm not sure if the sender's domain is whitelisted when they are sent to the ham account.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by birdsthewurd View Post
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I am wondering the same thing. I'd like to be able to review anything that is tagged as spam, since there are some ham messages in there on occasion. The only solution I could think of right now is to have spamassassin rewrite the subject headers and create a filter on all mail clients that push these messages into a spam folder for them to review themselves. Then, they can forward the messages as attachments to either the spam or ham accounts, but I'm not sure if the sender's domain is whitelisted when they are sent to the ham account.
    Each user has a Junk folder, all mail tagged as spam (including false postives) is put in there for review by the user.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for the quick response. I am aware of this, however I won't be using the Zimbra Client, instead I will be using Thunderbird, which I'm assuming moves messages to the junk folder based on the message headers that spamassassin writes to the message.

Are the emails that are forwarded to the ham account automatically added to the whitelist. If not, is this possible or is there a way to allow users to edit a global whitelist?

Currently, I am reviewing about 300 spam messages a day, of which maybe 3 a day are ham. I'd just like to find a simple way to add anything that is blocked to a global whitelist. At the moment, I am forwarding the ham to the users and adding the legit domain to a whitelist.cf file within the spamassassin conf directory.

ZMike is offline Active Member

Birds, I suggest turning off mail client spam detection. I think having two different automatic spam classification systems playing with your inbox at the same time is a recipe for a mess.

AFAIK no, ham messages are not automatically whitelisted.

Users can't access global whitelist for obvious reasons, but users can set up personal white/black lists via Zimbra web client or Zimbra Desktop interface.

HTH

ZMike,

Thanks. After messing around over the weekend, I've decided that it's best to turn over the reviewing to the users. It will be much easier on my end since it's one less thing I have to manage, but I know some of them will be upset. Hopefully utilizing the autolearn function of spamassassin will even everything out and make it easier for both parties.

As for whitelisting, I have yet to figure out that portion, but I'm guessing that I'll just have forward emails for those domains that they want whitelisted.

Thanks!

ZMike is offline Active Member

Thread Information