Thread: SpamAssassin Bayes Check Disappeared After 4.0.3-to-4.5.2 Upgrade

Justin is offline Member

Arrow SpamAssassin Bayes Check Disappeared After 4.0.3-to-4.5.2 Upgrade

Hi folks. Last night I upgraded our Zimbra OS edition from 4.0.3 to 4.5.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.8 (x86). The upgrade seems to have gone smoothly, except for two issues:

1. The Bayes and DSpam checks do not appear in the X-Spam-Status header (they did before the upgrade). The disabling of DSpam was mentioned in the upgrade docs, so uncommenting the relevant line in avamisd.conf.in successfully re-enabled DSpam. However, I have no idea why the Bayes_99, Bayes_50, etc, are not showing up in the headers. A quick perusal of /opt/zimbra/amavisd-new-2.4.3/.spamassassin shows that all the bayes_* database files have the exact same timestamp and filesize as the ones in the 4.0.3 backup directory. (The only difference is the presence of an "init" file in the 4.0.3 directory that does not appear in the 4.5.2 directory.) So it would seem as though the databases were migrated successfully, and yet the Bayes headers do not show up. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to re-activate the Bayes check?

2. It seems the upgrade process did not successfully find the admin account at "admin@mydomain.com" and instead automatically created one at "admin@mail.mydomain.com". (The fully qualified domain name of the box is mail.mydomain.com, but of course in our case all mail is sent/received from "address@mydomain.com".) Interestingly, when upgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3, a very similar thing happened whereby the system decided that "admin@myhostname.local" was the admin account. There are a bunch of deferred messages with "admin@myhostname.local" as the sender/receiver (this was the case prior to the 4.5.2 upgrade). Post-4.5.2-upgrade, if I look in amavisd.conf, I see that all notification sender/recipients are currently set to "admin@mail.mydomain.com", which clearly should not be the case. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can rectify this and direct Zimbra to the one and only true admin account on the system (i.e., "admin@mydomain.com"), for notifications as well as everything else?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Justin

JHill is offline Active Member

I'm experiencing #1, but upgraded from 4.5.1.

Justin is offline Member

Default Anybody at Zimbra out there? ;)

Here's one clue... The output of /opt/zimbra/log/spamtrain.log contains the following:

Code:
    bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O:
    tie failed: No such file or directory
    bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W:
    tie failed: No such file or directory
    ERROR: the Bayes learn function returned an error, please re-run with -D for more information
    However, the bayes_* files are there, despite the assertion above:

Code:
    $ ls -la /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin
    drwxr-xr-x   6 zimbra  zimbra      204 Feb 27 05:18 .
    drwxr-xr-x   9 zimbra  zimbra      306 Feb 26 10:19 ..
    -rw-------   1 zimbra  zimbra  5279744 Feb 25 16:57 auto-whitelist
    -rw-------   1 zimbra  zimbra    50952 Feb 25 16:50 bayes_journal
    -rw-------   1 zimbra  zimbra  2580480 Feb 25 16:50 bayes_seen
    -rw-------   1 zimbra  zimbra  5251072 Feb 25 16:50 bayes_toks
    I'm stumped. Anybody have any suggestions?

chh
    chh is offline Advanced Member

Had this at home once. The only thing I can tell you, is that it is not an issue with the credentials.

JHill is offline Active Member

It looks like my issues are unrelated to the bayesian checks. I had a secondary mail server that was being seen as trusted, I added a value for ZimbraMtaMyNetworks excluding its IP address and things seem to be better.

Justin is offline Member

Default Getting desperate

Might someone from the Zimbra team have any suggestions for troubleshooting the aforementioned problems?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The problem with the bayes db going missing was bug 13947 and was fixed in 4.5.1 Have a look at the bug report and see if it applies to you, if it does then I guess you'd better reopen that bug or create a new one.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information