Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: GAL questions

  1. #1
    mountaindog is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    8

    Default GAL questions

    1. Is there a way to have the GAL as a clickable option under the Address Book column along the left? Currently, I see Contacts, Emailed Contacts, and Shared Addresses. I can display the GAL by using the search box, type in my last name and switching the search to GAL. Not very intuitive.

    2. Is there a way to have the GAL writable by users? Meaning can a user edit their own GAL entry such as addresses and phone numbers?

  2. #2
    jholder's Avatar
    jholder is offline Former Zimbran
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mountaindog View Post
    1. Is there a way to have the GAL as a clickable option under the Address Book column along the left? Currently, I see Contacts, Emailed Contacts, and Shared Addresses. I can display the GAL by using the search box, type in my last name and switching the search to GAL. Not very intuitive.

    2. Is there a way to have the GAL writable by users? Meaning can a user edit their own GAL entry such as addresses and phone numbers?
    Mountaindog,
    Currently-No to both of your questions.

    However, those sound like wonderful suggestions! Can you file enhancements for both of them?

    -john

  3. #3
    mountaindog is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Mountaindog,
    Currently-No to both of your questions.

    However, those sound like wonderful suggestions! Can you file enhancements for both of them?

    -john
    Thank you for your answer.

    I would respectfully ask that you submit the enhancement. I don't remember how. Also, last time I attempted to make a submission, I was asked to create a new account because my Zimbra forum acount would not work. I would prefer to not create yet another account.

  4. #4
    tbullock is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mountaindog View Post
    Thank you for your answer.

    I would respectfully ask that you submit the enhancement. I don't remember how. Also, last time I attempted to make a submission, I was asked to create a new account because my Zimbra forum acount would not work. I would prefer to not create yet another account.
    LOL. Good luck on that last request man!

    Don't worry. I created a Bugzilla account recently too and it was not all that grueling.

    You can do it man.....just put your back into it.
    Cheers,

    Travis

    "Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"
    -Flight Control, Apollo 13

  5. #5
    dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    12

    Default No file usually means no fix

    Yeah, our viewpoint is that if it's not worth anyone's while to file the bug, odds are that the issue is so low-priority that it'll never get scheduled to be implemented/fixed for any release anyway...
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 04:32 PM
  2. Large GAL
    By padraig in forum Zimbra in Education
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 03:43 AM
  3. GAL not correct for Outlook
    By Richard in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 12:48 PM
  4. AD GAL: successful, but empty, test results
    By tmadden in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 06:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •