Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Zimbra server copy

  1. #1
    JPS
    JPS is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Zimbra server copy

    Hi,

    I have a zimbra mail server(open source) installed on a IBM server. "7.2.2_GA_2852.RHEL5_64_20121204211814 RHEL5_64 FOSS edition" on "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)" "x86_64". The mail server is having approx: 250 users. I wish to make a standby server, for that purpose i have installed same copies of red hat 5.4 and zimbra 7.2.2 on desktop pc. Zimbra is working successfully on desktop pc. Can anyone tell what i have to do next to transfer (copy) all users with their configurations from current server to desktop PC.

    Regards,

    JPS

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,478
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    I have a zimbra mail server(open source) installed on a IBM server. "7.2.2_GA_2852.RHEL5_64_20121204211814 RHEL5_64 FOSS edition" on "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)" "x86_64".
    The first thing you must do is to update your current version of ZCS because of this: Critical Security Patches posted for 8.0.X/7.2.X

    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    The mail server is having approx: 250 users. I wish to make a standby server, for that purpose i have installed same copies of red hat 5.4 and zimbra 7.2.2 on desktop pc. Zimbra is working successfully on desktop pc. Can anyone tell what i have to do next to transfer (copy) all users with their configurations from current server to desktop PC.
    You need something more than a Desktop PC to run ZCS, have you looked at any of the forum threads on the topics of High Availability, a backup or standby server?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    JPS
    JPS is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Hi Bill,

    Thanks for the reply. I have a doubt. Can i update to latest version (ZCS- open source) without affecting current user data?

  4. #4
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,478
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have a doubt. Can i update to latest version (ZCS- open source) without affecting current user data?
    Yes you can but you should always read the Release Notes in detail for further information on the updates.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra Mail copy to another Server
    By ayush1440 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 03:57 AM
  2. Zimbra Mail copy to another Server
    By ayush1440 in forum Migration
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 03:09 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 07:30 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 04:24 AM
  5. Copy Mailboxes ro New Zimbra Server
    By MarkStratmann in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •