Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Cisco and Mitel UC integration

  1. #1
    jdybik is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    5

    Question Cisco and Mitel UC integration

    Is anyone out there using our OOTB integration with Cisco and Mitel UC systems? If so, care to elaborate on your expiernece?

  2. #2
    rsaeks is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdybik View Post
    Is anyone out there using our OOTB integration with Cisco and Mitel UC systems? If so, care to elaborate on your expiernece?
    Hi there,

    We are using the Cisco integration for our installation of Zimbra Network Edition. We have our Jabber presence indicators in email popping up as well as click-to-call and the voicemail integration in the voice tab. There were some initial hurdles with documentation not really being all there (required setting up additional Proxy URLs in Zimbra, for example). We have a few users utilizing the features and it is not enterprise-wide. The feature I use the most is voicemail checking through the Interface.

    I'd be more than happy to share more or answer any other questions you may have.

    Randy

  3. #3
    cayaraa's Avatar
    cayaraa is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdybik View Post
    Is anyone out there using our OOTB integration with Cisco and Mitel UC systems? If so, care to elaborate on your expiernece?
    We are in the beginning stages of rolling out the mitel voice service in zimbra. We have it mostly working on our test server: VM playback, answered calls, and placed calls are all working but the missed calls is always blank. Unfortunately on the production environment (which is multi-server as apposed to the single test server) we haven't been able to get the voicemail playback to work (the embedded flashplayer turns into a blank white square). I haven't been able to give it the proper amount of debugging yet though as I have several other projects going on.


    There were some initial hurdles with documentation not really being all there (required setting up additional Proxy URLs in Zimbra, for example). We have a few users utilizing the features and it is not enterprise-wide. The feature I use the most is voicemail checking through the Interface.
    We to ran into some documentation issues with the URLs listed in the Zimbra docs not matching what Mitel said they should be. What kind of proxy URL issues were you having? We're using different VoIP systems but maybe we're running into the same zimbra issue with our zimbra proxy on our production environment.


    -Aaron

  4. #4
    gomer23 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cayaraa View Post
    We are in the beginning stages of rolling out the mitel voice service in zimbra. We have it mostly working on our test server: VM playback, answered calls, and placed calls are all working but the missed calls is always blank. Unfortunately on the production environment (which is multi-server as apposed to the single test server) we haven't been able to get the voicemail playback to work (the embedded flashplayer turns into a blank white square). I haven't been able to give it the proper amount of debugging yet though as I have several other projects going on.




    We to ran into some documentation issues with the URLs listed in the Zimbra docs not matching what Mitel said they should be. What kind of proxy URL issues were you having? We're using different VoIP systems but maybe we're running into the same zimbra issue with our zimbra proxy on our production environment.


    -Aaron
    What URLs did you have to use to integrate your Mitel system with Zimbra?

  5. #5
    cayaraa's Avatar
    cayaraa is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    6

  6. #6
    gomer23 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    I'll give those a shot, I guess I should have asked as well, what Mitel System do you have? We just got a HX5000 last week.

    Thank you for your reply!

  7. #7
    cayaraa's Avatar
    cayaraa is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Hmm...I'm not really one of the people that was heavily involved in the mitel setup so I'm not 100% sure....I think a 3300? There are 4 VMs: a vMAS, vMBG, and two vMCDs as well as a physical boarder gateway.

  8. #8
    gomer23 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Hmmm we don't have any of the VMs in our setup, just the physical 5000 box. But that has our database and Mitel users on it as well as our voicemail so I would imagine what I need to get this integrated are there.

    Thank you again for your reply.

  9. #9
    nbouwsma is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gomer23 View Post
    Hmmm we don't have any of the VMs in our setup, just the physical 5000 box. But that has our database and Mitel users on it as well as our voicemail so I would imagine what I need to get this integrated are there.

    Thank you again for your reply.
    The Mitel platform is integrated via web services to a MiCollab Server's UCS blade, or a UCS Standalone platform. A 5K will not integrate with Zimbra's Mitel Voice Zimlet.

    -Nate

  10. #10
    gomer23 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbouwsma View Post
    The Mitel platform is integrated via web services to a MiCollab Server's UCS blade, or a UCS Standalone platform. A 5K will not integrate with Zimbra's Mitel Voice Zimlet.

    -Nate

    Thank you for confirming that for me. I found that out late last week finally after finding details on the MiCollab server. Guess I'll have to push for that here later on. Any idea on what a cost is on a license for that?

    Thanks again,
    Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cisco Integration
    By rsaeks in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 12:42 PM
  2. Cisco Integration
    By rsaeks in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 12:42 PM
  3. Mitel UC integration and Zimbra 8
    By myarmush in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 01:23 PM
  4. zimbra-cisco 7940 ldap integration
    By adamdoesit in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 12:49 PM
  5. integration zimbra with cisco ip comunicator
    By Alberto Del Moral in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •