Thread: Unable to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.

davidinternship is offline Junior Member

Default Unable to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.

Hello,

I will explain my issue. First of all I am using SLES 11 SP3 and installed Zimbra Collaboration Suite NE 8.0.6 on it, without any issues.
    I started using the Zimbra Administration on the web browser. I could do everything without problems. Next day I restart SLES 11 SP3, to check if Zimbra is starting from itself after a restart.
    Well after a restart when I execute this command:

Code:
    zimbra-test:~ # su - zimbra
    zimbra@zimbra-test:~> zmcontrol start
    Host zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
    Unable to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.
    You can see the issue that I have now, even if I use zmcontrol status. I get the same issue. I just did a simple restart of my SLES 11 SP3. That's all I did. It was working like a charm Zimbra, I tested if sending mails and receiving mails works and it worked to. Without problem everything was working.

Before posting on the forum I searched the forum for this problem and I tried every solution, but without success.
    Here you can see my zmcertmgr. You can see that my certificate isn't out of date. My time on the SLES 11 SP3 is correct too.

Code:
    zimbra-test:~ # /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr viewdeployedcrt
    ::service mta::
    notBefore=Mar 10 13:49:36 2014 GMT
    notAfter=Mar  9 13:49:36 2019 GMT
    subject= /C=US/ST=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    issuer= /C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    SubjectAltName=
    ::service proxy::
    subject= /C=US/ST=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    issuer= /C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Server/OU=Zimbra Collaboration Server/CN=zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    SubjectAltName=
    ::service mailboxd::
    SubjectAltName=
    ::service ldap::
    SubjectAltName=
    As I said before I was using Zimbra without problem. But only after a restart ... nothing works anymore.
    I will post some more information here:

Code:
    zimbra@zimbra-test:~> zmlocalconfig | grep mydomain.com
    av_notify_domain = zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    av_notify_user = admin@zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    ldap_host = zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    ldap_master_url = ldap://zimbra-test.mydomain.com:389
    ldap_url = ldap://zimbra-test.mydomain.com:389
    smtp_destination = admin@zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    smtp_source = admin@zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    snmp_trap_host = zimbra-test.mydomain.com
    Code:
    zimbra@zimbra-test:~> ldap status
    slapd running pid: 2928
    Code:
    zimbra-test:~ # ps aux | grep zimbra | grep ldap
    zimbra    2928  0.0  0.2 84045168 40364 ?      Ssl  13:45   0:00 /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slapd -l LOCAL0 -u zimbra -h ldap://zimbra-test.mydomain.com:389 ldapi:/// -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config
    So, now I am out of options and I am asking for help. Because I have no idea what to do else.
    I hope that anyone can help me out please.

Thanks in advance.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

There are threads (with answers) all over the forums on this topic, have you looked at them and tried some of those solutions?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hello,

Yes I have tried every solution. And as I said it was working without problem before the restart.

Quote Originally Posted by davidinternship View Post
    Yes I have tried every solution.
    Unfortunately I'm not a mind reader so could you share what you've actually tried and what were the outcomes? The usual reason for this problem is a misconfiguration of DNS, hosts file and/or the resolv.conf - some diagnostic output (from the Split DNS wiki article) would be a good start.
    Regards

Bill

If my DNS, host file and resolv.conf where wrong. How come I had no problem using it Zimbra and create mailboxes, checking emails, sending/receiving mails. Well I mean I could do everything without problem but only because I restarted SLES, I get this problem now.

So I tried to make a new certificate with this link. Didn't help, still having the same issue.

I forgot to mention that I am using it only locally. It's only for testing Zimbra. I am not using it to go external, just for local use. I use an ESXi 5.5 server with a virtual machine of SLES 11 SP3, to test Zimbra out. That virtual machine has no access to the internet. As I said it before I only use it for testing it locally.

I have no idea why it was working like a charm and now nothing works anymore. I can always go back to a previous snapshot where I have a fresh Zimbra installation. When I go back to that snapshot I have no problem at all using Zimbra but as soon as I restart SLES nothing works anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by davidinternship View Post
    If my DNS, host file and resolv.conf where wrong. How come I had no problem using it Zimbra and create mailboxes, checking emails, sending/receiving mails. Well I mean I could do everything without problem but only because I restarted SLES, I get this problem now.
    Fine, if you're not interested in providing any diagnostic information then I have nothing to add to this conversation.
    Regards

Bill

Thread Information