Thread: zmconfigd

agarrett5 is offline Intermediate Member

Default zmconfigd

zmconfigd is having issues starting on boot. When I try to start it manually it still has issues. This isn't the first time its happened and this has happened on clean installs so I am keen to get to the bottom of whats happening with it.. The log entry as regards to this is:

Starting zmconfigd.../opt/zimbra/bin/zmconfigdctl: line 95: 5384 Killed ${zimbra_home}/libexec/zmconfigd >> ${zimbra_log_directory}/zmconfigd.log 2>&1
    failed.

It repeats this almost 100 times! I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and Zimbra OSE 8.0.5_GA_5839.FOSS. I know this isn't a common issue with Zimbra otherwise there would be posts all over the web on it. I do seem to have several services failing, even straight after either a clean install or a server update.

netcat is installed - which nc returns /bin/nc ;-)
    Last edited by agarrett5; 01-17-2014 at 02:19 AM.
    Computer Engineer

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I hate to do this but I'd suggest you upgrade your server immediately because of this, when you've done that let's see if the same problem exists. I don't know why you've got this happening, this isn't normal for a clean install. Do you have AppArmor running? If you have, does it go away if you disable it? Is this on a LAN and do you have valid DNS A & MX records etc? Is this a live production server or just testing? Which other services do you have failing? I assume this is the LTS version of Ubuntu?

[EDIT]Oh, and the usual question about RAM & virtualization - how much and is it bare metal or virtualized?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

agarrett5 is offline Intermediate Member

Thats sorted thankyou I will make this thread as solved. Just in answer to your questions. I don't know but as far as I thought I was running SELinux rather than AppArmor? It is on a LAN, DNS & MX records are valid. Its testing atm, I am using virtualbox. I am in the process of trying to get Zimbra OSE to backup using imapsync to a virtualised copy of zimbra. Just trying different ways to backup before going live with an automated solution that doesn't involve turning off zimbra in the process! It was most of them, seemed a little random as to which ones, but zmconfigd was the consistent one. It is the LTS version of Ubuntu. On the virtualized box using 1Gb RAM (my host machine has 4Gb Ram). The other server is on physical hardware, and thats using 4Gb RAM.

Solution was doing a clean install with the up to date zimbra, It seems to have resolved the service issue.
    Computer Engineer

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by agarrett5 View Post
    Solution was doing a clean install with the up to date zimbra, It seems to have resolved the service issue.
    I'm glad that's fixed it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information