Thread: Is Zimbra Alive?

mswiercz is offline Starter Member

Default Is Zimbra Alive?

I would appreciate it if someone in the Zimbra community could shed some light on what is going on with Zimbra/Telligent. I have tried reaching Zimbra sales for the past two weeks to order a 50-user license. So far all my attempts have been fruitless.

Each time I wind up speaking with their answering service who assure me that someone will get back to me shortly. Apparently, there is a difference in our mutual definition of ďshortly.Ē Itís been two weeks since my first call and many repeated calls thereafter. Iíve gone so far as to climb the chain of command at the answering service to find out what is or is not happening. All I receive are assurances that my requests are being sent to Zimbra.

In addition to calls, Iíve submitted request via Zimbraís Contact Us page and searched Yellow Pages in TX and CA for local numbers in hope of reaching a live body within Zimbra. At this point I would welcome a call from their mail room clerk. All phone numbers lead back to the answering services to the point that Iím on a first name basis with many of their CSRs. Iíve even tried contacting key notables directly. Either their numbers are no longer in service or Ė you guessed it Ė I wind up with the answering service.

This is the first time in my 30+ year career that Iíve come across a company whose sales force is not chomping at the bit to make a sale. I would have expected some initial communication turmoil after Telligentís acquisition of Zimbra last summer, but not 6 months after the fact.

Is Telligent/Zimbra alive? Did I miss something obvious? I would be walking away from this if it werenít for Zimbraís robustness and features. What do I need to do to light the fire under someone keister?

Thank you in advance for any help with this matter.

Michael Wil. Swiercz
    Chief Information Officer
    Research Associates of Syracuse

Raunaq is online now Zimbra Employee

Hello Michael,

Can you PM me your contact details so that I can forward them to my sales team.Apologies for all the inconvenience and thanks for the patience.
    Cheers,
    Raun
    Always ready to help.

mswiercz is offline Starter Member

Raun,

Thank you for the reply. At this point I am elated that I'm actually speaking with two Zimbra employee. Matter of fact I, I just received a voice mail from your President of Field Operations, Brent Rhymes (sp?). I will be contacting him. If that doesn't pan out, I'll PM (once I figure out how) my contact info.

Best regards,
    Mike

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mswiercz View Post
    If that doesn't pan out, I'll PM (once I figure out how) my contact info.
    Left-click on a user name and you should see a pop-up that will allow you to send an email. You could also go to your own profile (or in the bar above the thread) you should see the "Private Messages" option, click on that and you can send a message to a specific (or multiple) forum members.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information