Thread: VM disc weirdness

mhammett is offline Special Member

Default VM disc weirdness

Running 7 servers, 2x LDAP, 2x Mailbox, 2x MTA, 1x Proxy.

When migrating to new storage last month, one of my mailboxes seemed to have lost all of its messages. No idea how it happened, but it did. Now when migrating storage again, I noticed a stranded folder... from that date... that's 20 gigs more than the one in use now. The problem is that this folder will contain files (everything other than the mail messages) of an in-use server, so I can't very well use the traditional migration tools (at least from what I can tell). How can I determine what is actually on this other server and merge it into the existing one if necessary?
    Release 7.1.4_GA_2555.RHEL5_64_20120105094627 CentOS5_64 FOSS edition.

pup_seba is online now Special Member

Hi...I just lost the "long" answer I wrote for this. I hate this when this happens LOL

Anyway, short version is:

"How can I determine what is actually on this other server and merge it into the existing one if necessary?"
    - No clue, that kung fu is way more stronger than mine.

So...
    1) Do you have a backup from where to restore? Is that a good idea or a valid option?
    2) By any chance do you happen to have your /opt/zimbra/store mapped to a .vmdk (in case you are using vSphere) apart from the rest?

If you are using RHEL, then if you have a separate disc for mouning it on /opt/zimbra/store, then it could be a /etc/fstab entry that's saying that. This entry could be referenced by several means...sometimes it's the UID of the disc which could be different (as sometimes also MAC addresses change) if you moved the disc. Could you please make sure that you are actually mounting the disk properly...I don't remember the command right now but maybe was something like "mount -a" (this will re-read fstab and try to mount what's in there)...

I will copy this message before hitting "post quick reply"

Regards,
    Sebas

Thread Information