Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.5.1 upgrade caution about timezone stuff

jdell is offline Project Contributor

Default 4.5.1 upgrade caution about timezone stuff

Hi All,

I upgraded ZCS 4.5.0 NE (64-bit) to 4.5.1 NE (64-bit) last night, and this morning all my domain users (Windows XP in domain using FF 2.0) couldn't reply or forward any email (clicking the reply or forward button would do nothing). Moreover, calendar functions were hosed. Javascript console was full of errors about timezone problems.

The fix was quite simple, I had to ensure that in the Windows date time settings (double click the clock in lower right corner), I had checked the checkbox for 'automatically adjust for daylight saving time'. Once this was checked, a firefox restart cured all the weird behavior.

We have a university wide GPO for the domain that forces the clocks on the computers to be auto-synced to the AD server. With this GPO, in 4.5.0, calendar entries were getting the off by one hour error in March. So, we had unchecked the 'auto adjust for daylight savings' which fixed this in 4.5.0, but this *MUST* be checked for 4.5.1 to work properly (if you have a GPO that forces computer time settings).

Of course Mac's worked fine, and all XP machines that were *NOT* in the domain (and did not get the GPO) were fine :-)

Also worth noting, please read the 4.5.1 release notes as there is a bunch of info in there about the timezone changes.

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by jdell; 02-07-2007 at 12:08 PM.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

There's also some information in the wiki via this post.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

bill@hurricanelabs.com is offline Intermediate Member

Default MS fix also fixes this issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388 Applying the fixes there takes care of this as well.

jdell is offline Project Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by bill@hurricanelabs.com View Post
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388 Applying the fixes there takes care of this as well.
    Hi Bill,

Actually, all our machines already had this update that you mention already applied, but without checking the auto update for daylight savings, the zimbra client was unusable. I'm sure this is a result of a bad interaction with our GPO that forces time updates and all these other time zone bits, as I didn't see this problem with machines not on our domain (hence no GPO forcing time updates).

Regards,
    John

Default Just the opposite for me

The windows users we have here (and there are only a few) had the auto update checked and had the same problem. Once we applied that patch and restarted FF everything was fine.

Bill

Ericx is offline Loyal Member

Default 4.5.1 Upgrade

Same here. I normally wait a few days before upgrading anything. But I was working on a zimlet and wanted to see if the new upgrade fixed the problems I was having, so I rushed the install.

The good news is, the support guys at Zimbra were on top of it. They didn't know the fix yet, but Sean called me back as soon as he found out. Thanks Sean!

I have not applied the time zone patch on my Active Directory server yet, but Authentication against Windows 2003 server is working just fine. AD can be very sensitive to time.

The network edition is worth every dime.
    Last edited by Ericx; 02-09-2007 at 05:05 AM.
    EricX

iain is offline Loyal Member

The Zimbra servers I manage don't have any users in affected timezones.

Can anyone tell me how this will affect me in the UK? Do I still have to make sure the versions of Mac OS X and Win XP on the clients are at the right level, or will I not see problems?

Thanks,

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Ericx View Post
    The network edition is worth every dime.
    Agreed. Completely.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Just as a heads up, we've been working with the folks over at MS to get the problems with IE fixed.

Thanks for all of your help in keeping our community updated.

john

sonomait is offline Starter Member

Default Reply/Forward not working ... Different Issue?

I am noticing an issue with the reply/reply all and forward/forward all functions in IE 6.0.2900 and FF on Windows XP Pro w/SP2. I have updated my machine with the needed time zone updates, yet this issue persists:

If I have selected "always compose in new window" selecting [reply/reply all and forward/forward all] when responding to an html email pops a new window, and a reply form, but the popup window restricts me from entering any information by "half toning out" and displaying a circle w/slash on my mouse pointer.

See below

If I change my settings to remove the "always compose in new window" function the issue goes away.

Ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information