Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WebClient Fails to Load

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Is this a recommendation for Firefox 1.5 also? Thanks.
    Not really.. All you can set in Firefox is the size. 100MB + should be fine. In general we've not seen many problem with Firefox and it's cache.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

pshah is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by earthling
    I'm having the same issues with IE 6.0.2800.1106, SP1 on Win2K against zcs-NETWORK-3.0.1_GA_160.RHEL4 -

The errors showing up in the browser:

Line: 642
    Char: 23
    Error: Unterminated string constant
    Code: 0

Line: 114
    Char: 2
    Error: 'AjxDebug' is undefined

Line: 147
    Char: 270
    Error: Expected identifier
    "Unterminated string contstant" sounds like you're IE version may not support gzip. You should first try what Kevinh suggested above and see if you're able to login (append "?mode=mjsf&gzip=false" to the url). If that worked, you may want to try installing this hotfix for SP1:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Otherwise, you'll need to upgrade to SP2.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

gfdos.sys is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb Resolution... sort of... still need help tho

Okay I ran into this on 2 machines with w2k SP4. I thought all of our machines got converted over to xp when sp2 came out(thats when we got our licences). My simple solution was reimage with xp... but before I got to that I got a support call from a user who had xp. Turns out that was one of 3 machines that shipped with xp sp1. The other 2 I caught and put xp sp2 on.

Anyway now that you have the background:
    This issue happens on w2k SP4, and xp sp1.
    Installing the patches causes the same results on both w2k SP4, and xp sp1... it still doesnt work. Installing xp sp2 does resolve the issue. However if you have w2k SP4 the issue remains... this is what I tried to fix the issue (summary of above suggestions)...

Note: If you apply xp sp2 to sp1 rather than doing a clean install from xp sp2 media and are still having the issue, you need to clear cache and cookies makes it finally work...

On Both w2k sp4 and xp sp1:
    I had IE6. The ms Q82202 mentioned above requires IE6 SP1 to be applied first.

Since I have multiple machines that need this fix I downloaded the IE6 SP1 and ran it from run:
    ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"
    and saved it to a folder.

After applying the IE6 SP1 you are forced to reboot.
    Then I applied Q82202, rebooted.
    I opened IE, and cleared Cache, cookies, and History to be safe.

After putting in username and password

This appears to fix the first error:

but I'm still getting:

but instead of:
    Char: 270
    Error: Expected identifier

I'm now getting:
    Char: 272
    Error: Expected '}'

Upon closing the browser and reopening and going to the zimbra address, it doesnt prompt for login (it must be using a cookie?) and the error is back
    but with the modified final error:

Line: 642
    Char: 23
    Error: Unterminated string constant

Char: 272
    Error: Expected '}'

For your (zimbra's) testing reasons I am going to "save" one of these bad machines for any further testing you suggest. The other one is getting xp sp2 image. For the time being I have changed the short cut to mail on the desk top by appending "?mode=mjsf&gzip=false" to the url. This makes mail take FOREVER to load but it will work for the time being. Please make suggestions asap as I cant leave this machine like this forever, but if you can squash this it will make many happy....

NOTE: THIS IS AN IE ONLY PROBLEM... Firefox 1.5x on either of these machines fixes the issue.

PS: I checked the HTTP 1.1, and HTTP 1.1 over proxy are checked and SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are checked as well.

Very good post. Unfortunately I'm out of good suggestions, since you've tried all the ones we've found that are known to work. I've got two more ideas:

- Clear cache, restart IE, then test.

- Set cache to Always (ie no caching), restart IE, then test.

The first I think you may have tired but it's important in IE to restart it after you make settings changes or clear the cache. The later idea will cause slower load times but should be faster then mode=mjsf&gzip=false

Thanks again for the detailed post, it's just a nasty bug in the gzip support for IE that doesn't have any decent workarounds. The obvious fix is to not gzip but that's exactly the test your doing with gzip=false. You see a 10x increase in code size so the download time of the app gets extremely long.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

jareep is offline Special Member

I'm having the same issue but with Firefox AND Internet Explorer. The user is running Windows XP SP2 and IE6 SP1, as well as, Firefox 2.0 (downloaded and installed today 13 Dec 1006). If she hits refresh she can login about once every 15 tries or more. I've tried clearing cache, checking/unchecking TLS 1.0 and HTTP1.1. Additionally I tried using mode=mjsf&gzip=false (or whatever that url suggestion was) and nothing seemed to help. I've run out of ideas and I have a VERY unhappy customer and thus, my boss!

Edit: Forgot to mention that she said the error thats returned in IE is something agin to "ZmEmailAddress is undefined".

Quote Originally Posted by jareep View Post
    I'm having the same issue but with Firefox AND Internet Explorer. The user is running Windows XP SP2 and IE6 SP1, as well as, Firefox 2.0 (downloaded and installed today 13 Dec 1006). If she hits refresh she can login about once every 15 tries or more. I've tried clearing cache, checking/unchecking TLS 1.0 and HTTP1.1. Additionally I tried using mode=mjsf&gzip=false (or whatever that url suggestion was) and nothing seemed to help. I've run out of ideas and I have a VERY unhappy customer and thus, my boss!

Edit: Forgot to mention that she said the error thats returned in IE is something agin to "ZmEmailAddress is undefined".

Any errors in the JavaScript console? Anything in zimbra.log?

Not sure about Firefox, will have to ask. But the zimbra logs don't really have anything helpful. There are a few WARN messages about 'Parse error on MIME part 2" but thats with a different user that isn't having any problems. I see a few "TransformationClient - error sending document; tell convertd never mind" WARN messages, also. Nothing else of type WARN or ERROR in the log any where.

romulo is offline Active Member

Do you use HTTS or HTTP ?

If you use HTTPS, try deselect option "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" !!!

Rômulo Giordani Boschetti
    HSC BRASIL

I use HTTP

padraig is offline Elite Member

Thumbs down 2147418094

I'm having the same issue but with Internet Explorer 7 on XP SP2 (both have latest patchs appled) using ZCS 4.0.4.

Clearing all-cache including , file & "setting stored by addons" close ie
    restart fixes it until the next time.

also users getting a persisent pop-up error in ie6/ie7
    name - Error
    number - -2147418094
    description -
    message -

will try ZCS 4.5
    Last edited by padraig; 01-19-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information