Thread: Having an issue with nginx starting

pstigerfan is offline Starter Member

Default Having an issue with nginx starting

I am coming off a weekend of DNS problems (main DNS & web server hard drive was corrupted, taking 50+ customer websites with it), and now I am having an issue with my ZCS 8 installation.

Because of my DNS troubles, my host recommended that I reboot my zimbra server because they had made a bunch of DNS changes to accomodate my issues. I did, and now nginx won't start, giving me a "Virtual Host 'webmail' not resolvable" error. Of course, I don't remember which domain I set this "webmail" up for, and since I can't access the Zimbra Admin Panel, I'm here to ask my question. Is there a way, through the command line interface, to pull up a list of virtual hosts and show which virtual hosts are tied to which domain names?

My Zimbra server is currently hosting about 6 domain names with (I think) 2 virtual hosts, both of which are declared in the /etc/hosts file and are resolving. However, I have this one straggler which I don't have any idea which domain it is tied to. Any idea how I can resolve my problem?

I'm kind of new to ZCS so I'm still trying to figure out how to actively manage it, so please be kind to me and help me solve my problem.

Thanks,
    Paul

ccelis5215 is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by pstigerfan View Post
    I am coming off a weekend of DNS problems (main DNS & web server hard drive was corrupted, taking 50+ customer websites with it), and now I am having an issue with my ZCS 8 installation.

Because of my DNS troubles, my host recommended that I reboot my zimbra server because they had made a bunch of DNS changes to accomodate my issues. I did, and now nginx won't start, giving me a "Virtual Host 'webmail' not resolvable" error. Of course, I don't remember which domain I set this "webmail" up for, and since I can't access the Zimbra Admin Panel, I'm here to ask my question. Is there a way, through the command line interface, to pull up a list of virtual hosts and show which virtual hosts are tied to which domain names?

My Zimbra server is currently hosting about 6 domain names with (I think) 2 virtual hosts, both of which are declared in the /etc/hosts file and are resolving. However, I have this one straggler which I don't have any idea which domain it is tied to. Any idea how I can resolve my problem?

l
    Try as zimbra user with every domain

Code:
    zmprov gd domain.com|grep Virtual
    ccelis

Thread Information