Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White label for those on budgets

zim_mike is offline Loyal Member

Default White label for those on budgets

One problem with zimbra is that it's a hard sell to customers who don't need/want/have big corporate needs yet want to use something like zimbra.
    Problem is of course the costs (which seem to be somewhat secret as I've only found mentions, nothing concrete) for those smaller entities.

So, why not have a less costly version which simply allows branding, at least a logo and getting rid of the help menu items easily (I've not found a way yet and everyone is confused by that since it leads them to another domain).

Zimbra would be appealing to a lot of smaller customers who just want a nice reliable server and their own logo on it.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by zim_mike View Post
    Problem is of course the costs (which seem to be somewhat secret as I've only found mentions, nothing concrete) for those smaller entities.
    What's wrong with the information on the Pricing page?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I see network edition prices but that's it. Is that all there is?
    The lowest price is $399/Year for only 15 mailboxes? It's impossible to sell this to anyone considering all of the cool open source products out there.
    And again, I would certainly love to see a new version which simply allows us to brand it. Someone mentioned being able to brand the logo even something like putting our own logo up but still displaying the zimbra logo at the same time.

The help menu should be optional. I've not found any information on how to edit it so that the links don't send users away from the server.
    There is just too much zimbra advertising all over the product for anyone but commercial buyers to use.

I see network edition prices but that's it. Is that all there is?
    What else do you expect? The Network Edition is the only one that has a fee associated with it - the Open Source edition is free.
    Regards

Bill

I guess you're not reading my questions because this is not all I've asked about.

What else do I expect? Nothing much other than giving something more back to the community which helps you with endless amounts of input, ideas, feedback and other ways which keep you in business as well.

Give back by offering a lesser costly version which allows those who can't afford your network versions to at least brand their own server without having to have zimbra advertised at every turn.

Not asking for free, just asking for something else which would help more people and you too.

I guess you're not reading my questions because this is not all I've asked about.
    Oh, I read all of your previous post - you shouldn't make assumptions that I didn't.

What else do I expect? Nothing much other than giving something more back to the community which helps you with endless amounts of input, ideas, feedback and other ways which keep you in business as well.
    You seem to misunderstand who this "you" is that you've mentioned. I'm only a moderator on these forums, these are Community forums that provide help for members that post and everyone that helps out on these forums do so freely and in their own time and any comments made here are only the comments of the person posting not Zimbra. I am nothing to do with Zimbra and therefore you (and the forums members) do not keep me in business at all.

Give back by offering a lesser costly version which allows those who can't afford your network versions to at least brand their own server without having to have zimbra advertised at every turn.
    Zimbra isn't "advertised at every turn" and it has it's logo on the free version of ZCS and various places in the documentation, not unreasonable for the effort they've gone to in providing that version of ZCS for free.

Not asking for free, just asking for something else which would help more people and you too.
    As I've already explained, it wouldn't help me at all.

The question about Zimbra providing a less expensive version of ZCS have been asked and answered many times in the forums, the current model will continue until there are compelling reasons to change it. That's a decision for Zimbra and you are, obviously, entitled to make your comments in these forums but I wouldn't expect any change in the near future.
    Regards

Bill

>I read all of your previous post - you shouldn't make assumptions that I didn't.

No assumptions, read your responses .

>I am nothing to do with Zimbra and therefore you (and the forums members) do not keep me in business at all.

>Zimbra isn't "advertised at every turn" and it has it's logo on the free version of ZCS and various places in the documentation, not unreasonable
    >for the effort they've gone to in providing that version of ZCS for free.

You are arguing with the wrong person. As I said, it's a hard sell to some who might want to use it but don't like that they cannot have their own logo on it. I'm not making this up, it's the feedback I'm getting from potential users and have been for some time. That's why we looked into other avenues instead of using Zimbra.

And again, I didn't say anything about wanting that for free, people are willing to pay a reasonable fee for it. Plus, they don't mind if the zimbra logo is on the site, they just don't like that it's at the very top and that there is the help menu. I've no idea if the help menu can be edited or even removed but I did read that it was acceptable to change the logo to a shared on such as 'company so and so - software provided by zimbra' or something along those lines.

>The question about Zimbra providing a less expensive version of ZCS have been asked and answered many times in the forums

I didn't ask that at all. You seem bent out of shape with my question and being defensive. I'm not sure why because I'm simply trying to sell people on zimbra.

You seem bent out of shape with my question and being defensive.
    Not at all.
    Regards

Bill

Hope not .
    Anyhow, this ended up being a useless thread so moving on to more positive things

LMStone is offline Moderator

One problem with zimbra is that it's a hard sell to customers who don't need/want/have big corporate needs yet want to use something like zimbra.

So, why not have a less costly version which simply allows branding, at least a logo and getting rid of the help menu items easily (I've not found a way yet and everyone is confused by that since it leads them to another domain).

Zimbra would be appealing to a lot of smaller customers who just want a nice reliable server and their own logo on it.
    Isn't that what Zimbra Hosting Partners are for?

(Full Disclosure: we are a Zimbra Hosting Partner, but you could be too if you wished.)

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information