Thread: Major issues following server reboot (host restarted the VM).

MGSteve2 is offline New Member

Default Major issues following server reboot (host restarted the VM).

Thanks to my hosting company restarting the VM Server, my VM got restarted and ever since Zimbra hasn't worked.
    It was working fine up to this point.

/var/log/zimbra
    Code:
    Oct 31 11:53:32 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Fetching All configs
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: All configs fetched in 0.19 seconds
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmamavisdctl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmamavisdctl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmclamdctl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmclamdctl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/ldap: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/ldap" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmloggerctl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmloggerctl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmstorectl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmstorectl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmmailboxdctl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailboxdctl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/postfix: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/postfix" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmsaslauthdctl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmsaslauthdctl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmswatchctl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmswatchctl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmspellctl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmspellctl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmstatctl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmstatctl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Exception in bin/zmclamdctl: (Cannot run program "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmclamdctl" (in directory "/root"): error=13, Permission denied)
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: Watchdog: service antivirus status is OK.
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: All rewrite threads completed in 0.01 sec
    Oct 31 11:53:33 mail zmconfigd[22926]: All restarts completed in 0.00 sec
    Oct 31 11:53:38 mail postfix/postqueue[587]: fatal: Queue report unavailable - mail system is down
    Oct 31 11:54:08 mail postfix/postqueue[1010]: fatal: Queue report unavailable - mail system is down
    /opt/zimbra/log/zmconfigd.log
    Code:
    Starting zmconfigd...zmconfigd is already running.
    Exception in thread postconf:Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/opt/zimbra/lib/jars/jython-2.5.2.jar/Lib/threading.py", line 179, in _Thread__bootstrap
        self.run()
      File "/opt/zimbra/lib/jars/jython-2.5.2.jar/Lib/threading.py", line 170, in run
        self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
      File "/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/pylibs/state.py", line 582, in doPostconf
        return rc
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'rc' referenced before assignment
    Exception in thread postconfd:Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/opt/zimbra/lib/jars/jython-2.5.2.jar/Lib/threading.py", line 179, in _Thread__bootstrap
        self.run()
      File "/opt/zimbra/lib/jars/jython-2.5.2.jar/Lib/threading.py", line 170, in run
        self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
      File "/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/pylibs/state.py", line 594, in doPostconfd
        return rc
    I've tried the fixperms, erm, fix that has been mentioned, but it didn't have any effect.

Any help would be appreciated, my mail server is down and I don't have a clue how to get it back again now.

Well, found out why postfix won't start - exim was running. I've turned it off from the list of startup programs now.

But the logger now won't start!

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'd suggest you start by posting details of the ZCS version in use by running the following command (and update your forum profile iwth this information:

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    When you've done that, shut down your ZCS instance and kill any remaining processes that are running then take a full backup of your /opt/zimbra directory structure, you'll find backup details in the wiki and forums (if you don't already have a backup procedure). Which exact command did you run for zmfixperms, was it with the extended option? In any case, try this again (and run it as root):

Code:
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --verbose --extended
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start
    Before you start ZCS again tail -f the log file to see what's happening. Did that improve the situation?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I'd suggest you start by posting details of the ZCS version in use by running the following command (and update your forum profile iwth this information:

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Odd, I did paste that info into the registration page (I've already got an account, but due to the password change, I couldn't get access to it as I couldn't access the emails! lol I'll paste it back in again.

When you've done that, shut down your ZCS instance and kill any remaining processes that are running then take a full backup of your /opt/zimbra directory structure, you'll find backup details in the wiki and forums (if you don't already have a backup procedure). Which exact command did you run for zmfixperms, was it with the extended option? In any case, try this again (and run it as root):

Code:
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --verbose --extended
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start
    Before you start ZCS again tail -f the log file to see what's happening. Did that improve the situation?
    That's the commands I ran, they didn't appear to make any difference and I still got the error messages in the logs.

That said, having Exim running from boot I think was then the problem, I just hadn't noticed it was a different issue.

Its running at the mo and as I'm out of the office, I'm not going to touch it until I get back to the office! lol

-- Update, I have got this pasted into the profile, so I don't know why its not showing...
    Release 8.0.3_GA_5664.RHEL6_64_20130305090204 CentOS6_64 FOSS edition.

Thread Information