Thread: Problems with Greylisting and paid support

Default Problems with Greylisting and paid support

I have an open support ticket for 7 days now for a simple issue with my cbpolicyd config.
    I have been using Zimbra for years, and this is the worst support I have ever had, so in desperation I am turning to the forums.

What I want.
    Proper greylisting.
    Either proper config for cdpolicyd or a way to get postgrey working with Release 8.0.5.GA.5839.UBUNTU10.64 UBUNTU10_64 NETWORK edition

What I have.
    A vast amount of spam messages, users bitching and complaining about the increase in spam after the upgrade.
    Three replies from Zimbra support in seven days asking for logs, completely disregarding my original request and generally pissing me off.
    No time to mess around with a mail server that should be working like it did before the upgrade.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you looked at the wiki article and recent forum threads on grey listing with cbpolicyd? What are the problems you're experiencing in configuring cbpolicyd? Have you also tried some of the solutions in the forums and wiki on improving the anti-spam systems in ZCS and if so, what did you try and what were the results?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Have you looked at the wiki article and recent forum threads on grey listing with cbpolicyd? What are the problems you're experiencing in configuring cbpolicyd? Have you also tried some of the solutions in the forums and wiki on improving the anti-spam systems in ZCS and if so, what did you try and what were the results?

A small amount of spam is currently blocked.
    I am unsure about the correct settings for greylisting in cbpolicyd. to that end I contacted support and opened a ticket.

Actions taken by me (following the wiki):

#Enable
    zmprov ms mail.namaquawines.com +zimbraServiceEnabled cbpolicyd
    zmlocalconfig -e postfix_enable_smtpd_policyd=yes

zmlocalconfig -e cbpolicyd_log_level=4; zmlocalconfig -e cbpolicyd_log_detail=modules,tracking,policies; zmlocalconfig -e cbpolicyd_module_accesscontrol=1 cbpolicyd_module_checkhelo=1 cbpolicyd_module_checkspf=1 cbpolicyd_module_greylisting=1 cbpolicyd_module_quotas=1

#in zimbra.greylist.sql

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
    INSERT INTO "greylisting" (PolicyID,Name,UseGreylisting,GreylistPeriod,Track ,GreylistAuthValidity,
    GreylistUnAuthValidity,UseAutoWhitelist,AutoWhitel istPeriod,AutoWhitelistCount,UseAutoBlacklist,
    AutoBlacklistPeriod,AutoBlacklistCount)
    Values(6,"Zimbra Greylisting Count",1,240,"SenderIP:/24",604800,86400,1,604800,50,1,604800,80);
    COMMIT;

#import
    sqlite3 /opt/zimbra/data/cbpolicyd/db/cbpolicyd.sqlitedb < zimbra.greylist.sql

#custom whitelelist
    #in zimbra.whitelist.sql
    BEGIN TRANSACTION;
    INSERT INTO "greylisting_whitelist" (Source,Comment,Disabled) VALUES ("SenderIP:192.168.0.106", "Whitelist mailbox",0);
    INSERT INTO "greylisting_whitelist" (Source,Comment,Disabled) VALUES ("SenderIP:192.168.0.101", "Whitelist mailbox",0);
    COMMIT;
    #import
    sqlite3 /opt/zimbra/data/cbpolicyd/db/cbpolicyd.sqlitedb < zimbra.whitelist.sql

#as zimbra user

zmprov mcf zimbraMtaRestriction reject_invalid_hostname zimbraMtaRestriction reject_non_fqdn_sender zimbraMtaRestriction "reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net" zimbraMtaRestriction "reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org" zimbraMtaRestriction "list.dsbl.org"

zmamavisdctl restart

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The MTA restrictions you're using will also affect a lot of poorly configured (but legitimate) mail servers. You should also use the zen.spamhaus RBL instead of the one you're using and place it first in the list (in order of most effective to least).

Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Jenn Emerson is offline Community Manager

Great advice, Bill!

Petrus, I hope Bill's insights are helpful to you. I saw your comment about the delay in your support. I have escalated your issue with the team. I also sent you an email letting you know that you have been heard. Email me back if you do not hear from the team in 24 hours. My apologies for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn Emerson View Post
    Great advice, Bill!

Petrus, I hope Bill's insights are helpful to you. I saw your comment about the delay in your support. I have escalated your issue with the team. I also sent you an email letting you know that you have been heard. Email me back if you do not hear from the team in 24 hours. My apologies for the delay.
    Thanks Jenn,
    Bill's suggestions did help and the support team has contacted me.
    I am confident everything will be sorted out soon.

Thread Information