First time posting here, and in a bit of a bind. Any advice would be much appreciated.
- Mail has been backed up in queue for about 24 hours.
- Zimbra has been installed and running well on our servers for over a year. Current version: 8.0.4_GA_5737
- It is on a Xen virtual server
- I don't currently have access to the virtual server running Zimbra, nor the Xen Dom0 (But do have root on other virtual servers on this machine)
- I have full admin access to the web interface.
- Primary server admin is not accessible for a few days.
- about 800 messages are in the Deferred Mail Queue (and growing)
- content filter: smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
- Reason: Host 127.0.0.1 [127.0.0.1] said 421 4.3.2. service shutting down, error writing to mail file: no space left on device at (eval 113) line 180. (In reply to end of data command)
- it looks like the amavis disk use has maxed out the space available
Screen shot 2013-10-02 at 2.12.01 PM.jpg
So ... I know that if I had access to the server right now I restart amavis/zimbra and things would likely be fine, but that doesn't appear to be an option in the next day or so.
Any other help or advice, either to solve or isolate the problem would be much appreciated.