Thread: Global Distribution List

ronnyek is offline Senior Member

Default Global Distribution List

Has anyone been able to setup a all@mydomain.com distribution list that effectively is live? Eg, I dont have to regen the list everytime I want to send a global message?

I've read the wikis about generating a list with zmprov and adding users that match a particular criteria... but that seems especially half arsed considering I've got well over 2000 people on some domains. It takes quite some time using zmprov to add people at a lsit.

Should be able to do *@mydomain.com and select who should be able to send to it, and be done with it.

gmsmith is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ronnyek View Post
    Has anyone been able to setup a all@mydomain.com distribution list that effectively is live? Eg, I dont have to regen the list everytime I want to send a global message?

I've read the wikis about generating a list with zmprov and adding users that match a particular criteria... but that seems especially half arsed considering I've got well over 2000 people on some domains. It takes quite some time using zmprov to add people at a lsit.

Should be able to do *@mydomain.com and select who should be able to send to it, and be done with it.
    There is an RFE in bugzilla for this (don't have the number off the top of my head), give a quick search and vote for it!

chh
    chh is offline Advanced Member

Hi,

we currently have 2 big distribution lists running.
    One has about 1700 entries, the other something over 4000.
    Initial setup took a while of course, but they work perfect.
    Of course with this big a list some thought has to be given on how to keep the lists up to date.
    In the first case we use 2 files, one for including new users and the other for removing users. These are parsed by a script that does the changing with zmprov.
    In the second case we are working on a script that compares exported lists from our database with the adresses from the distribution list and adds or removes adresses automatically.

Christian

Thread Information