Thread: Admin console restore and zmrestore cannot find account listed in backup.

mathx is offline Member

Default Admin console restore and zmrestore cannot find account listed in backup.

trying to restore mailboxes of a deleted account in ZCS NE/EE 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64

from the admin console > backups > chose a date before the account was deleted, the account is listed in the backup, dated July 29 2013 6am (incremental, the previous full was July 19).

I click restore when looking at that full backup, and choose restore single account and type in the accoun name@domain and click add to the list and then next.

It attempts to restore and i get this:

Code:
    Message: invalid request: invalid account email address: Error code: service.INVALID_REQUEST Method: [unknown] Details:soap:Sender
    zmrestore from the command line also gives the same thing (tried with various full backups):

Code:
    Error occurred: no such account: Account ID for elizabeth.xxxx@xxx.ca not found in backup full-20130711.100058.055
    grep accountBackup full-*/accounts/*/*/*/meta.xml | grep eliza

only finds it back in a 201212* backup (yet she received mail up to june or july this year at least, account was deleted july 29 afternoon)

I tried zmrestore before AND after recreating the account with the same name, but i get that error.

hints?

mathx is offline Member

following this:

Restoring a Single User from Backups Archived to Tape - Zimbra :: Wiki

I see:

<account zimbraId="3e4f37fd-2028-4f47-af0e-7373226b09a2" email="elizabeth.xxxx@xxxx.ca" latestFullBackupLabel="full-20121126.110019.837">

why would an active user (til mid/late july) have the last full backup in 201212? I have other users with full backups from this past week and going back months - though various users are at various different times through the past - why arent full backups done of active users each week?

I think i realise the problem. Im thinking full backups are a regular checkpoint, but they seem to be done only at the start of a user's account existence (why, i do not know). So if I use the first date in 2012 (2012-12-something), and then let it
    restore through all the redo logs (which takes forever and hammers the server badly...), then it will restore (or at least I hope, it's been going 10 min+ at high io load...)

So that might be right, just need an explanation as to why Full backups arent done per user regularly on a system with only 50 accounts, but rather only once per user creation.

Nope, fail!

Error occurred: system failure: Error executing redoOp

from mailbox.log:

Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException$NoSuchI temException: no such item: 10017
    ExceptionId:btpool0-466://localhost:7071/service/admin/soap/RestoreRequest:1378350074957:dc598b24d6eb7a99
    Code:mail.NO_SUCH_ITEM ArgitemId, IID, "10017")

mathx is offline Member

trying --ignoreRedoErrors, and its taking forever... 30min+ so far. see how this goes.

Thread Information