Thread: Domain Name problem

cguijarro is offline Starter Member

Default Domain Name problem

I'm trying to install zimbra network edition 8.0.4 Licensed in centos 6.4 64-bit, I realize the whole process of installation used and in the end, the domain that is registered is not correct, record the domain mail.cega.com.ec and the correct domain is cega.com.ec, the computer name is mail.cega.com.ec but that's not dominance, what is the problem? the account to be created are user@cega.com.ec, please urgent help

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

This post has been added to a thread that has nothing to do with your question. I'll move it to a new thread in the correct forum, please post questions in the correct forum otherwise they are likely to get overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by cguijarro View Post
    I'm trying to install zimbra network edition 8.0.4 Licensed in centos 6.4 64-bit, I realize the whole process of installation used and in the end, the domain that is registered is not correct, record the domain mail.cega.com.ec and the correct domain is cega.com.ec, the computer name is mail.cega.com.ec but that's not dominance, what is the problem?
    The problems is that you did not follow the instructions. During the installation you were asked if you wanted to change the domain name otherwise it would default to FQDN of your server, you obviously didn't change it at that point. You can either remove ZCS and install again with the correct domain name or rename the domain to the one you want, search the forums for details on how to do either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by cguijarro View Post
    ... please urgent help
    These are Community Support forums and people answer when they have the time, if your question is 'urgent' then raise a support case or read the documentation or search the forums for an answer.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information