Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot contact Zimbra Sales

mikeyes is offline Active Member

Default Cannot contact Zimbra Sales

I have been trying for a month to contact Zimbra sales. I have a customer with a Zimbra 6.X server with a 50 user perpetual license. I need to get upgrade pricing, more licenses and support renewal options.

I have emailed and left multiple message on the Zimbra support voicemail. Anyone know of any tricks to reach a live person?

Thanks,

lytledd is offline Elite Member

As I've recently found out, you'll have better luck going though a vendor. We go though 01.com

01.com » Expert Software Licensing Team

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Thank you. I will give them a try.

DennisT is offline Intermediate Member

That's great that you can get answers by going through a vendor, but Zimbra sales cannot respond to a request by a customer? That doesn't sound very good.

Raunaq is offline Zimbra Employee

Hello Mikeys,

Can you tell me the name of your company so that I can send your request to concerned people.

Quote Originally Posted by Raunaq View Post
    Hello Mikeys,

Can you tell me the name of your company so that I can send your request to concerned people.
    01.com called me back in 20 minutes and is currently working on a quote. At this point I don't want to be rude but VMware has my information at least 3 times and hasn't contacted me back for several weeks. If I was not vested in Zimbra with this customer I would dump Zimbra. We got it when Yahoo owned it and I could still get a person on the phone. If VMware wants to keep the product alive they need better support than this.

01.com will get my business now and I'll wait and see if Zimbra can step it up in the future.

If you would like the name of the company for customer service improvement I can PM you or email (didn't want to post personal info on the boards).

Thanks.

JakeMS is offline Active Member

Hi Mikey,

Just thought I'd let you know, VMware have recently sold Zimbra to Telligent[1] which could be why you are unable to get a response currently as I'm sure there is a lot of stuff going on in the background, though I am merely speculating.

[1]https://blog.zimbra.com/blog/archives/2013/07/telligent-acquires-zimbra-from-vmware.html

chauvetp is offline Elite Member

Speculation aside, this isn't the first time. There have been several times I've seen this same issue many times from others here, and on various mailing lists (and experienced it myself). Sales at Zimbra (aside from two people who are long gone) have always been difficult to get in contact with, which is unfortunate since its such a great product. It is something that I hope Telligent SERIOUSLY addresses now that they own Zimbra.

Hopefully they'll integrate Zimbra sales completely into Telligent's own sales division. A company focused on social networking will know the bad press that sales folks being incommunicado causes.
    ---
    Paul Chauvet
    State University of New York at New Paltz

DennisT is offline Intermediate Member

Support could use some help also. When all the tech support is located 1/2 world away response times really drag out. A recent case took about 4 weeks of exchanges before I gave up. Why did I give up? When I realized the support person didn't understand the difference between mailto and MAPI I knew it wasn't going anywhere.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DennisT View Post
    Support could use some help also. When all the tech support is located 1/2 world away response times really drag out.
    That's not correct not all of tech support is located "1/2 world away".
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information