Thread: iOS 6.1.4 - Zimbra 7.2.4 or 8.0.4 - Attendees

vui
    vui is offline New Member

Default iOS 6.1.4 - Zimbra 7.2.4 or 8.0.4 - Attendees

Hello

I am new to this forum and a Zimbra-FOSS-Admin on a Zimbra 7.2.4 in production and 8.0.4 in testing environments.

On our productive server, I upgraded from 7.1.x to 7.2.x and lately to 7.2.4.
    Somewhere in this update chain (for sure at 7.2.3), adding attendees on iPhone/iPad was not possible anymore – no invitation button at all.
    On the Zimbra-Web-GUI and Apple Calendar client, everything works as expected.

Same thing on a freshly installed Zimbra 8.0.4 version. Either with default COS settings or with enabled iCal delegation.

Does anybody know any workaround this behavior?

Could well be an Apple issue, but (free) calendars on iCloud or Google work flawlessly with invitation/delegation a.s.o.

Regards, Daniel
    Zurich/Switzerland

prashant is offline Zimbra Employee

I appreciate your concern. Please open a bug @ bugzilla.zimbra.com with exact steps followed to reproduce issue, zimbra build number, iphone/ipad client details, actual result, expected result and if possible snapshot of the problem.
    ~=Prashant=~

vui

Dear Prashant

Sorry, I am not a developer and I do not know how to post a bug in bugzilla. Though I'd like to help improving the Zimbra product and help the Zimbra community, so I prepared Screenshots and version numbers of the involved platforms. Should I post it here?

I cannot imagine that iPhone users would live with the mentioned flaws, so I am pretty sure it's not a bug but rather a matter of configuration or settings. But what/where? It didn't work neither on default domain/cos nor custom domain/cos settings.

Versions:
    Release 7.2.4_GA_2900.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition (on OVZ-Ubuntu8-32bit behind pfSense Hardware Firewall)
    Release 8.0.4.GA.5737.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS edition. (on KVM-Ubuntu12-64bit behind pfSense Hardware Firewall)
    Apple OS X 10.8.4 with Calendar 6.0 (1648) client
    Apple iOS 6.1.4 on iPhone 5 with Calendar client

Major issues:
    Cannot edit event on iPhone after creating it with Calendar client on MacBook.
    Cannot invite attendees on new event created on iPhone.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

prashant is offline Zimbra Employee

You dont need to be developer to file a bug. Anybody using zimbra is free to file a bug with the details I provided in my previous comment. I appreciate your efforts in improving zimbra product. I think we all are working towards the same goal of improving product quality.

I would encourage you to file a bug. You need to login to bugzilla.zimbra.com and just have to enter whatever information provided in your previous comment. This definitely seems to be as bug with the client. Please do provide exact repro steps and screeshot with the bug.

Please do refer user guide if you have any issue with bug reporting. Using Bugzilla.
    ~=Prashant=~

vui

Unhappy Filed bug under #83679 and #83680

Hopefully, this bug will be addressed or will evaporate by introduction of iOS 7.

Strangely, I do not know of any similar bugs with other platforms as of Google Calendar, OpenExchange, Exchange, Kerio Calendar or iCal (of course). Shout I switch or should I stay?

Thanks, prashant, for encouraging me filing the bug, something I would not dare to do all by myself.

Regards, Daniel

Thread Information