Thread: New User

lunaregor is offline New Member

Default New User

I am an IT administrator in our company and I am planning to create our own emailing system. I have a server that has Windows for its OS. Can anybody help me on how to install a zimbra email system. My target user would around 500 email addresses. Thank you.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lunaregor View Post
    I am an IT administrator in our company and I am planning to create our own emailing system. I have a server that has Windows for its OS. Can anybody help me on how to install a zimbra email system.
    You can't install Zimbra on a Windows server, it's Linux only. BTW, you should give a better title to your threads than just"New user", that doesn't really tell us much about your problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

ok. I am just new user here and a newly designated administrator in our company, hence the title of the thread. Anyway, thank you very much on your answer Bill. Once I installed a Linux OS on our server, is the zimbra software free or do i need to buy it? Another question is that, does all the user need to install a software to use their zimbra email? thanks much

Cheers

Roger

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

ok. I am just new user here and a newly designated administrator in our company, hence the title of the thread. Anyway, thank you very much on your answer Bill. Once I installed a Linux OS on our server, is the zimbra software free or do i need to buy it?
    There are both versions available.

Another question is that, does all the user need to install a software to use their zimbra email?
    I'd suggest you start by trying to get a good idea of what you want from a mail server then, when you've forumulated your ideas, take a look at the main Zimbra web site and read some of the details of what Zimbra provides - there's a blog, full product documentation a wiki and product comparisons. If you think Zimbra can do what you want then ask a question in the forums, until that time were not going to be able to give you much advice about what zimbra will or won't do for you.
    Last edited by phoenix; 07-09-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

thanks Bill

Thread Information