Thread: Cannot find quarantined virus files

rcjokibbe is offline Junior Member

Default Cannot find quarantined virus files

Hi,
    I'm currently running 8.0.4 but yesterday I was running 8.0.0 for several months. I've had previous versions but can't recall how far I go back. In all the versions I've never had to retrieve a quarantined e-mail until the other day. From my search on how to do this, it appears I first need to find the file. I looked in/opt/zimbra/data/amavisd/quarantine, but I only see files that start with badh- and spam-. I don't see any files starting with virus-. I upgraded to 8.0.4 today hoping this would fix my issue, but a test with eicar shows that I get the alerted e-mail, "The message has been quarantined", but I still cannot find the file in that directory. During the upgrade process I saw it state that the virus account exists. Either I'm looking in the wrong location or my virus quarantine is not working. How can I fix this?

Thank you for your help,
    CourtK

Zimbra Open Source 8.0.4 on Ubuntu 12.04

rcjokibbe is offline Junior Member

Ok, this was a little confusing to me but I figured out how to view the quarantined emails. For those who are having a hard time finding or interpreting the available information out there, like I was, this is what I learned. The ham, spam and virus accounts are not listed in the Admin GUI. To view the accounts use the web client. But what is the username and password? To get the username of the virus account first do, "sudo su - zimbra" and then "zmprov -l gaa". If you don't know the password of the virus account then reset it with zmprov virusaccountusername newpassword. With that information login via the web client and see the quarantine items.

CourtK.

I just learned that from the Admin GUI these accounts can be viewed by clicking Configure, select Domains and then right click the domain and select view accounts. From there the ham, spam and virus accounts are visible. Right click the account and select View mail. I only wish I knew this several hours ago.
    Last edited by rcjokibbe; 06-10-2013 at 08:41 PM.

quanah is offline Zimbra Employee

yes, starting with ZCS8, quarantine emails are sent to the quarantine account.
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

Thread Information