Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zimbra 8.0.4 processes consumes too much cpu time and web UI slower.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by syntec View Post
    I also submitted a new case to the support portal.
    Thanks for the info, I'd suggest at least a 4GB minimum for any recent version of ZCS and I believe the documentation will (possibly) be changed to reflect that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

GlooM is offline Active Member

Question

When I use Zimbra 8.0.3 on my old server RAM utilization was 5,7 Gb (6 Gb total availible). After migrate zimbra to another server and upgrade it to 8.0.4 memory utilization was 7,8 Gb (8 Gb total availible). Is that normal? Server OS - Ubuntu 12.04 (clean install with SSH role only + zimbra - no other soft).

Quote Originally Posted by GlooM View Post
    When I use Zimbra 8.0.3 on my old server RAM utilization was 5,7 Gb (6 Gb total availible). After migrate zimbra to another server and upgrade it to 8.0.4 memory utilization was 7,8 Gb (8 Gb total availible). Is that normal? Server OS - Ubuntu 12.04 (clean install with SSH role only + zimbra - no other soft).
    Linux uses RAM as a cache so seeing that sort of memory usage is normal but then you're not actually giving any details about what's actually consuming RAM on your server.
    Regards

Bill

syntec is offline New Member

Zimbra Support told us to go through

Performance Tuning Guidelines for Large Deployments - Zimbra :: Wiki

We didn't have a chance to apply all performance tips but some of them seem to work. Things we changed:

Network Stack
    net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout=15
    net.ipv4.tcp_tw_reuse=1
    net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle=1

JVM Local Config
    zmlocalconfig -e zimbra_require_interprocess_security=0

MySQL
    innodb_max_dirty_pages_pct = 10
    innodb_flush_method = O_DIRECT

Currently it seems that those measures helped us.

victorhugops is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'd suggest at least a 4GB minimum for any recent version of ZCS and I believe the documentation will (possibly) be changed to reflect that.
    Hi Phoneix,

Maybe you don't see, but all people in this thread wrote the same: "before install/upgrade/apply the 8.0.4, the system work very well in the same machine, with the same SO and the same amount of RAM".... in other words, no change of hardware, only software....

For me, the problem isn't in the SO configuration or hardware... the problem is in the 8.0.4 version.

after many posts, did you continue thinking that the problem is in other side ??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by victorhugops View Post
    after many posts, did you continue thinking that the problem is in other side ??
    ..... and like everyone else in this thread you're not providing any evidence about where the problem lies other than saying 'me too', that's not sufficient information with which to diagnose the problem. In pots #27 there is a comment that there's no bugs filed for this problem and a request for information, when is someone going to file a report and provide the required information to help diagnose the problem? Filing a comment in these forums has no effect on whether the developers look at the supposed problem, it needs to be filed in bugzilla. So, if you have the same problem then provide the required information and bug report.
    Last edited by phoenix; 07-09-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Regards

Bill

vadonka is offline Active Member

this problem is very strange, but you both right.
    i had this problem right after the 8.0.4 installed, however after i install a clean OS and move the /opt/zimbra folder to this new server my problem was gone. since then our zimbra server working flawless.
    so something is related to the zimbra and the OS together if the OS is an in place upgraded.

ciprianl is offline New Member

Hello, after reading all related posts regarding "cpu high load after upgrade", and of course with no results, I realised there is another process, started by root, keytool, also eating too much from cpu. I don't know if is the same for you, but in my case did solve the problem, so I think I don't hurt anybody if share : I've reinstalled certificates and everything is working fine now....I am enjoying a 0.10 load on my server now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information