Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Zimbra 8.0.4 processes consumes too much cpu time and web UI slower.

  1. #11
    gb3
    gb3 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Ah, I see that mailboxd_java_heap_memory_percent was deprecated in version 7.
    Performance Tuning Guidelines for Large Deployments - Zimbra :: Wiki

    Perhaps the swappiness fixed my issue some how?

    Thanks for the details.

  2. #12
    vadonka is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    it seems im solved my problem. it be a bit confusing beacuse its a very nasty solution.

    when i first install my zimbra server im using the zimbra 7 and the ubuntu 10.04
    then i move forward and upgrade the ubuntu to 12.04 and zimbra to 8.0.4

    so i was wondering what if some old packages cause some interference in the system, or something.

    i completely reinstalled a whole new ubuntu 12.04 install the zimbra 8.0.4 with the -s parameter then delete the /opt/zimbra folder
    then i move with rsync my old /opt/zimbra folder from the old server.
    then i run the installer again without the -s parameter and fixed permissions, etc...
    now its everything is working smooth and fast, my system load is under 0.20.

    so i really dont know what caused the issue, but its solved now.

    thx for the support!

  3. #13
    GlooM is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vadonka View Post
    it seems im solved my problem. it be a bit confusing beacuse its a very nasty solution.

    when i first install my zimbra server im using the zimbra 7 and the ubuntu 10.04
    then i move forward and upgrade the ubuntu to 12.04 and zimbra to 8.0.4

    so i was wondering what if some old packages cause some interference in the system, or something.
    Hello!
    If I have server with Ubuntu 8.04 and Zimbra 6, then upgrade it to Ubuntu 10.04 and Zimbra 7, then upgrade it to Ubuntu 12.04 and Zimbra 8 (now 8.0.3), after upgrade it to 8.0.4 I have some bugs and slow UI work?

  4. #14
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,470
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GlooM View Post
    If I have server with Ubuntu 8.04 and Zimbra 6, then upgrade it to Ubuntu 10.04 and Zimbra 7, then upgrade it to Ubuntu 12.04 and Zimbra 8 (now 8.0.3), after upgrade it to 8.0.4 I have some bugs and slow UI work?
    An in-place upgrade of your operating system is never recommended and certainly upgrading two version is just asking for trouble. I'd recommend you follow one of the articles or forum threads to move your ZCS instance to a clean install of Ubuntu.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #15
    n.sossonko is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    An in-place upgrade of your operating system is never recommended and certainly upgrading two version is just asking for trouble. I'd recommend you follow one of the articles or forum threads to move your ZCS instance to a clean install of Ubuntu.
    The Wikis actually mention in-place upgrades, why are you saying they are never recommended? I did an in-place upgrade and it went very smoothly.

    Ajcody-Notes-OS-Upgrade-And-ZCS-Options - Zimbra :: Wiki

  6. #16
    quanah is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Zimbra
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    In-place OS upgrades are not tested by QA, nor are they officially supported. So YMMV on whether or not it is successful. Some people are skilled enough to do it. There are certainly others that are not.
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

  7. #17
    n.sossonko is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quanah View Post
    In-place OS upgrades are not tested by QA, nor are they officially supported. So YMMV on whether or not it is successful. Some people are skilled enough to do it. There are certainly others that are not.
    Using the instructions on the wiki, it was REALLY straightforward, no big surprises or issues...FYI.

  8. #18
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,470
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n.sossonko View Post
    The Wikis actually mention in-place upgrades, why are you saying they are never recommended? I did an in-place upgrade and it went very smoothly.
    That wiki article is a user contribution (even though it's from a member of staff at Zimbra) not an official Zimbra recommendation. I'll guess you only did a one-version upgrade of your distribution and not a two-version like the starter of this thread? The fact your upgrade worked for you is great but it doesn't work for everyone - some people get it to work and others..... well you can see the results of a failed in-place upgrade all over the internet.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  9. #19
    vadonka is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    my in-place upgraded server working for a year without problem, only the latest zimbra version not. but after i move the whole server to a fresh install everything is fine so...

  10. #20
    victorhugops is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Hello

    here we have the same problem.
    many years with the same hardware and differents versions of zimbra without problems.
    but, after the last upgrade the load average is always up to 1.50 :-(

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 5.0.13 is much slower
    By dagar in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 04:16 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 10:46 PM
  4. Java consumes many RAMs and CPUs!
    By inotabi in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 06:40 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 05:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •