Thread: LDAP: invalid credentials after restoring backup

vincentjanv is offline New Member

Default LDAP: invalid credentials after restoring backup

Hiya,

I'm trying out our backup system (before it really crashes) by using the community backup script from this forum. The backups runs perfectly and creates the dar file. When transferred and unpacked, this dar-file gives me a complete zimbra installation.

Before unpacking the dar-file, i did a clean install on the recovery-system using the same version, to make the system 'aware' of zimbra. After the installation I stopped all Zimbra services, removed the folder /opt/zimbra/ , recreated it and then unpacked the dar file here. I fixed permissions on every file/folder.

Now the hostname is different on the recovery system: I've included the original hostname in the /etc/hosts to point to the new ip, so I can set the server name using zmsetservername (otherwise it wouldn't recognise the old hostname).

Zimbra now uses the new (and correct) hostname. My first question: Is this a correct way? Or should I change the server's hostname to the old one, and leave the zimbra-config intact?

Now, when starting the zimbra services, I get this output:

Code:
        Starting ldap...Done.
    Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
    Enabled services read from cache. Service list may be inaccurate.
            Starting zmconfigd...Done.
            Starting logger...Failed.
    Starting logswatch...[] FATAL: failed to initialize LDAP client
    com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException: LDAP error: : invalid credentials
    ExceptionId:main:1370008016600:aa3f5cdea63a72ef
    Code:ldap.LDAP_ERROR
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException.LDAP_ERROR(LdapException.java:88)
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:72)
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:38)
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:117)
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnectionPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:64)
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapContext.init(UBIDLdapContext.java:93)
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapClient.init(UBIDLdapClient.java:37)
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapClient.getInstance(LdapClient.java:63)
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapClient.initialize(LdapClient.java:86)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProv.<init>(LdapProv.java:46)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:256)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:253)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
            at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:374)
            at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:327)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.getInstance(Provisioning.java:280)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.getInstance(Provisioning.java:237)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.initProvisioning(ProvUtil.java:745)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java:3506)
    Caused by: LDAPException(resultCode=49 (invalid credentials), errorMessage='invalid credentials')
            at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnection.bind(LDAPConnection.java:1837)
            at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.createConnection(LDAPConnectionPool.java:666)
            at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPConnectionPool.java:562)
            at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:113)
            ... 18 more
    zimbra logger service is not enabled!  failed.

Starting mailbox...Done.
            Starting antispam...Done.
            Starting antivirus...Done.
            Starting snmp...Done.
            Starting spell...Done.
            Starting mta...Failed.
    Starting saslauthd...done.
    opendkim: /opt/zimbra/conf/opendkim.conf: ldap://***:389/?DKIMSelector?sub?(DKIMIdentity=$d): dkimf_db_open(): Invalid credentials
    Failed to start opendkim: 0
    zmopendkimctl failed to start

Starting stats...Done.
    FYI: the LDAP hostname was correct for the new server but I replaced it for privacy reasons with ***.

I checked the config for the ldap passwod and of course the config file mentions the same password as my original server (i checked). The LDAP also comes from this server, so I don't see a reason why the credentials would have changed, everything comes from the same server.

Any ideas? I'm using Zimbra Open Source 8.0.43 on a fully patched 12.04 (both servers are identical)

Kind regards,

Vincent

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I don't really know which backup you've used (there are several in the forums and wiki) but the hostname on the new server (and preferable the IP) should be the sam as you 'failed server' including the DNS A & MX records (if you're using a Split DNS).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I don't really know which backup you've used (there are several in the forums and wiki) but the hostname on the new server (and preferable the IP) should be the sam as you 'failed server' including the DNS A & MX records (if you're using a Split DNS).
    Hi, I'm using this one: [SOLVED] Yet Another Backup Script for Community Version

On page 43 (I think) there is a modified script to make it work with 8.0.2 and 8.0.3 ..

I've retried the whole thing, this time setting the hostname of the 'new' server to the hostname of the old, 'failed' server but still I'm getting the same error

quanah is offline Zimbra Employee

sounds like the values in localconfig for the passwords used to access the LDAP server are wrong.
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by quanah View Post
    sounds like the values in localconfig for the passwords used to access the LDAP server are wrong.
    Well I double checked them using the original server (which is still working, since this is a test) and they match with the config from the original server. And that's normal, since the config files are exactly the same because they were copied... And ldap was copied as well, so I see no reason why the credentials have changed?

Thanks again,

Vincent

quanah is offline Zimbra Employee

Well, the error is pretty clear. The value in localconfig and the value in the LDAP DB don't match. Perhaps your restore of the LDAP DB is not correct.
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

Quote Originally Posted by quanah View Post
    Well, the error is pretty clear. The value in localconfig and the value in the LDAP DB don't match. Perhaps your restore of the LDAP DB is not correct.

Thank you, it seemed that the LDAP itself and it's configuration were not backupped properly. After running the commands found here LDAP data import export - Zimbra :: Wiki I could succesfully start all services.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Information