Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: System wide junk mail folder disposal policy

  1. #1
    tom11011 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Default System wide junk mail folder disposal policy

    Hi Group,

    I've been looking around but cannot find what I need.

    I went into Configure -> Global Settings -> Retention Policy

    I created a disposal policy of 90 days. How do I apply this disposal policy system wide to everyone's Junk Email folder? People are simply not emptying their junk email and they are getting massive.

    Release 8.0.3_GA_5664.RHEL6_64_20130305090204 CentOS6_64 FOSS edition

    Thanks.
    Last edited by tom11011; 05-30-2013 at 07:23 AM.

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,569
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Some idea of your Zimbra version and release would help, update your forum profile (and also post the output here) with the output of the following command:

    Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Have you also checked in the log files to see if the mailbox purge is running?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    tom11011 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Sorry about that.

    Release 8.0.3_GA_5664.RHEL6_64_20130305090204 CentOS6_64 FOSS edition

    I have not checked the log files to see if a purge is running. I haven't applied the policy yet because I don't know where to apply it. Seems I should do that first before checking the logs?

  4. #4
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,569
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom11011 View Post
    I have not checked the log files to see if a purge is running. I haven't applied the policy yet because I don't know where to apply it. Seems I should do that first before checking the logs?
    The default policy is to empty the Trash folder after a retention period of thirty days, you should check the logs to see if that's running.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    tom11011 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The default policy is to empty the Trash folder after a retention period of thirty days, you should check the logs to see if that's running.
    Thanks Bill. The trash folders are not the issue, its the junk mail folders. Should default policy also empty junk mail?

  6. #6
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,569
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom11011 View Post
    Thanks Bill. The trash folders are not the issue, its the junk mail folders. Should default policy also empty junk mail?
    Sorry, that was a typing error, I meant the Junk folder - that should be emptied regularly and mail over thirty days is removed.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  7. #7
    tom11011 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Sorry, that was a typing error, I meant the Junk folder - that should be emptied regularly and mail over thirty days is removed.
    Ok thanks. I'll have to have a closer look as I don't think they are being emptied.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. System wide signature
    By Lmm in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
  2. System Wide Notification
    By sgrzy01 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 10:11 AM
  3. junk mail in junk folder
    By cljoshi in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 09:28 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 11:53 AM
  5. System wide alert
    By loupy in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •