Thread: ZCS Connector for Outlook Question....

w1nz is offline Active Member

Default ZCS Connector for Outlook Question....

Hi,

I am using the open source edition to test out Zimbra Collaboration Suite. The main purpose for changing to zimbra is because of the calendar system, our current e-mail server doesn't support sharing calendars. However, we want to use outlook 2003 with Zimbra, but in order to use the shared calendars function and offline mail support with zimbra, I'm under the impression I need to install the ZCS client for outlook.

First of all, is this true? And second, does the open source edition even include the connector?

Thanks in advance,

Randy

*Almost forgot, I logged in on the Zimbra server as admin, went to downloads, and all I see is import wizard and a migration tool. I don't see a ZCS connector. And everything I've read makes it sound like you don't even do it on the zimbra server, you have to do something on the windows workstation itself for the connector, but I have no clue where to find it.
    Last edited by w1nz; 01-10-2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Addition

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

To use calendar sharing from Outlook you must have the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO). ZCO is only available with the Network Edition.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by w1nz View Post
    I am using the open source edition to test out Zimbra Collaboration Suite. The main purpose for changing to zimbra is because of the calendar system, our current e-mail server doesn't support sharing calendars. However, we want to use outlook 2003 with Zimbra, but in order to use the shared calendars function and offline mail support with zimbra, I'm under the impression I need to install the ZCS client for outlook.

First of all, is this true? And second, does the open source edition even include the connector?
    If you want the connector, as Sam has already mentioned, it's available in the Network Edition, that is available for trial if that's what you're after.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

w1nz is offline Active Member

Thanks for the info. Although, with the cost of zimbra being damn near what exchange 2007 costs, why zimbra instead of exchange?

Thread Information