Thread: Is it possible, that users can edit their contact data in GAL?

Sprengel is offline Active Member

Default Is it possible, that users can edit their contact data in GAL?

Hello,

we use the network edition 8.0.2.

Is it possible, that users can edit their contact data like phone numbers and addresses?

I tried this using a galsync account with InternalGAL. This addressbook is shared with all users. I had to set the pollinginterval to 0d, because I don't want admin backend data overwrites the edited contacts.

But the problem right now is, that i cannot search for edited or new created contacts in GAL and mobile phone.

How can I solve this? Maybe using a LDAP server?

Thanks for responding!

ccelis5215 is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sprengel View Post
    Hello,

we use the network edition 8.0.2.

Is it possible, that users can edit their contact data like phone numbers and addresses?

I tried this using a galsync account with InternalGAL. This addressbook is shared with all users. I had to set the pollinginterval to 0d, because I don't want admin backend data overwrites the edited contacts.

But the problem right now is, that i cannot search for edited or new created contacts in GAL and mobile phone.

How can I solve this? Maybe using a LDAP server?

Thanks for responding!
    Hi Sprengel, why don't use a share Contacts? Using this approach you can achieve the same.

ccelis

Quote Originally Posted by ccelis5215 View Post
    Hi Sprengel, why don't use a share Contacts? Using this approach you can achieve the same.

ccelis
    But how exactly? The addressbook InternalGAL (galsync@ourdomain.com) is shared. This is what I have done and this doesn't work

I have to add, that we want to use the GAL search to find these contacts. I guess a shared addressbook isn't the same. And thanks ccelis5215 for your reply! Maybe I don't understand what you want to tell. Sorry my English isn't quite good.

Can anybody tell me how i can update only the gal data without loading that contact data from the admin webinterface?

We have about 100 accounts and some external contacts in our gal adressbook. As an administrator I don't want to edit every telephone number and mobile phone number, that has been changed. So we are using the shared addressbook "InternalGAL" of galsync@ourdomain.com. Some people have write access and can edit all contact data.

Problem 1:
    I can find all contacts using the GAL search. But new added contacts are show about 1 day later and there is only the email address shown.

Problem 2:
    All edited contacts can be found in GAL search, but there are old addresses and telephone numbers in there

I set the pollinginterval to 0d, because I don't want that the contact data I have entered in the admin webinterface overwrites any changes.

I hope you understand what I mean. Thanks for helping!

Thread Information