Thread: Issue when rsyncing Zimbra production Server Contents to Zimbra Mirror Server

mrKev is offline Active Member

Default Issue when rsyncing Zimbra production Server Contents to Zimbra Mirror Server

Hi All,

I have ZCS 7.2.0 installed on a CentOS 5.9 machine for production as well as for the mirror machine. After I successfully installed zimbra on the mirror machine, I was able to view the login page but could only login as the admin user as I had not yet brought over the accounts yet from the production machine.

A)
    I ran the old script that the previous sys admin had used to sync the mirror to the production machine.
    Below are 3 lines from that script that show what rsync'd from the production machine to the mirror machine (I did change the IP Addresses in them):
    rsync --delete -a -e "ssh -i /opt/zimbra/.ssh/rsa_key" zimbra@0.0.0.0:/mnt/backup/mailstore/store/ /mnt/mail/store/
    rsync --delete -a -e "ssh -i /opt/zimbra/.ssh/rsa_key" zimbra@0.0.0.0:/mnt/backup/index/ /mnt/mail/index/
    rsync --delete -a -e "ssh -i /root/.ssh/rsa_key" root@0.0.0.0:/opt/zimbra-backup/ /opt/zimbra/

B)
    I let the script run last night. This morning I confirmed that the 3 directories had been rsync'd from the production machine to the mirror machine. However, when I opened my web browser and attempted to view the login page, I got the following error message:
    HTTP ERROR: 404
    Problem accessing /. Reason:
    NOT_FOUND
    Powered by Jetty://

C)
    I logged into the mirror machine and ran zmcontrol status as the zimbra user. Below are the results:
    antispam Running
    imapproxy Stopped
    zmnginxctl is not running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Running
    memcached Running
    mta Running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    stats Running
    zmconfigd Running

D)
    I took a look at my notes and I noticed that before the script rsync'd the 3 directories from the production Zimbra Server to the mirror Zimbra server, I had run zmcontrol status on the mirror server and got the following results:
    antispam Running
    antivirus Running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Running
    memcached Running
    mta Stopped
    postfix is not running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    stats Running
    zmconfigd Running

NOTE: imapproxy service is not listed at all.

So, it appears imapproxy was brought over from the production server.

E)
    I ran zmcontrol start as the zimbra user on the Zimbra mirror server.
    I was prompted for my the zimbra password to start the following service:
    Starting imapproxy...[sudo] password for zimbra:

F)
    I entered the zimbra user's password and got the following error message:
    Failed.
    Starting nginx...Sorry, user zimbra is not allowed to execute '/opt/zimbra/nginx/sbin/nginx -c /opt/zimbra/conf/nginx.conf' as root on mail.cyber.com.
    failed.

G)
    Two questions below:

1) Is the "imapproxy" service not running the cause of the error message I get when I try to view the login page for the Zimbra mirror sever in my web-browser (the error message I noted above in section B)

2) If this is the problem, then I could use some pointers on how to resolve the error message noted above in section F

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Just an update. I checked both /var/log/zimbra.log and /var/log/zimbra-stats.log and the timestamps on both of these files go back to January (most probably when I installed zimbra on the mirror machine). They files are both also blank.

I searched the forums for the following keywords:
    “imapproxy Stopped
    zmnginxctl is not running

I came across a couple of postings where users was told not to have imapproxy and memcached both running on a single server. One article also gave me some instructions on how to disable proxy. I can try this first as a test on the mirror server but the production server has both of these services running on it with no issue. I am a little hesitant to disable the proxy service on the production server since that server is running with no issue. If disabling proxy did work on the mirror machine, I would then have to disable it on the production machine as well due to the rsync from production to mirror.

Question 1:
    Will disabling the proxy service resolve my issue? If so, then I will give it a try.

Question 2:
    Do I only need to disable the proxy service or do I need to remove it as well?

Question 3:
    Does it matter whether I disable / remove the imapproxy serverice or the memcached service from the mirror (and eventually production) mail servers?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I was able to resolve this by following the instructions from the moderator raj in the following forum posting; [SOLVED] Issue moving server install OSE 7

Thread Information