Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calendar Reminders

tbullock is offline Advanced Member

Hmmm...Very interesting.

Due to what I believe to be FC5 being a piece of #$@!, I need to do freequent reboots in the form of zmcontrol stop then zmcontrol start

This time around my reminder poped up after I did the restart. It is an instance that I went into yesterday to see if I opened it and resaved it, if it would re-trigger the reminder. It did not.

However, re-opening the instance and resaving it and then restarting zimbra, appears that it may retrigger the reminder function....maybe...not sure....
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"
    -Flight Control, Apollo 13

schemers is offline Zimbra Employee

Yeah, something strange is going on. I just trace the soap, and noticed that when the reminder code ask for the next 24 hours worth of appts, the server sent back the two non-recurring appointments for today, and for the recurring appointment, it returned tomorrow's appt instead of today's, and thus the reminder code ignored that appointment. Sounds like there might be a server bug. I've updated the bug report and CC'd the calendar server engineer. Most likely too late for 4.5, but should be in 4.5.1.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

jdell is offline Project Contributor

Default My experience on this...

My experience with this is that if you don't go to the calendar after you first login to zimbra, you won't see any reminders, however, once you have clicked on the calendar, then you will see reminders for appts that day.

So, perhaps, the JS hash of appts is not initialized until the calendar is viewed?

I frequently don't go into my calendar until midday, because I get sucked into emails, and then get the display of reminders (say if I had a meeting in the morning), so this one has bit me a few times.

schemers is offline Zimbra Employee

There were a couple of issues, I can't recall when they were fixed:

1) if "always show mini calendar" wasn't set in preferences, then we wouldn't fetch reminders/appts until you switch to calendar view. This should be fixed (I think 4.5, might be in a 4.0.x).

2) we only fetch appts for checked calendars, and I'm trying to remember when we started remembering the checked state of a calendar (either 4.0 or in 4.5).

We also don't send reminders on all day appointments, as it was deemed too annoying until we update the appt state when a reminder fires and/or allow you to specify alarms on each appt.

jdell,

I have not tried that technique but will do so in the morning!

In fact, I will set myself a reminder so that I don't forget.
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"

jdell is offline Project Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by schemers View Post
    There were a couple of issues, I can't recall when they were fixed:

1) if "always show mini calendar" wasn't set in preferences, then we wouldn't fetch reminders/appts until you switch to calendar view. This should be fixed (I think 4.5, might be in a 4.0.x).
    I do have the mini-calendar displayed. I'll try to remember what I did if/when I see this again. I'll spare you the 'I need a reminder for that' pun

2) we only fetch appts for checked calendars, and I'm trying to remember when we started remembering the checked state of a calendar (either 4.0 or in 4.5).
    Makes perfect sense to do that.

We also don't send reminders on all day appointments, as it was deemed too annoying until we update the appt state when a reminder fires and/or allow you to specify alarms on each appt.
    Again makes good sense.

dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee

Default Fixed in 4.5 GA

Server-side bug, fixed in 4.5 GA. See bug 13670 for details.

Thanks all.

I will look forward to release 4.5 then and in the meantime use this document to keep me from being strung up by the angry mob.
    Cheers,

Travis

OK. So when I "view" my calendar in the morning, meaning I simply click on it and then go back to Inbox, my reminders still do not appear.

Is that the bug?

Also, I am wondering if the fix in 4.5 will still require the user to "view" their calendar daily in order to have the reminders pop up.
    Cheers,

Travis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information