Thread: Upgrade ZCS Open source edition 8 to ZCS Network edition

Zimbot is offline Active Member

Default Upgrade ZCS Open source edition 8 to ZCS Network edition

Hello,

Currently, I am running ZCS 8 open source and would like to upgrade it to ZCS 8 network edition.

Is there a way to do this without losing the user email accounts that are currently being using with the open source edition?

That is, can someone here explain to me the steps to follow or direct me to a Zimbra expert.

I want to be able to backup all the user accounts on the open source edition and then restore all the user accounts to the network edition ?

thank you

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

This subject has been covered many times in the forums (there's even a wiki article about it). Backup your OSS server with any of the available procedures (you can't restore them into NE, this is for safety), download and run the installer for the NE version (exactly the same version) just as you would for the OSS version (none of the data is changed) and you're done - read the Release Notes in detail before installation to see if there's anything that might affect your installation.
    Last edited by phoenix; 01-06-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I know this is repetitive but my programmer/sysadmin has had a look at it and has communicated with Zimbra support and they keep hitting dead ends ?

Can you point me to a step by step procedure related to ZCS 8, all doumentation out there seems only compatible with ZCA 4, 5 , 6, 7 --- Accoring to my programmer/sysadmin who has limited experience with Zimbra says that the documentation does not apply to ZCS 8?

Is there anyone here who has the experience with ZCS 8 ?

please help what you described above seems easy and safe to implement without disrupting the users?

thank you

I've already given you the steps necessary to upgrade to NE from the OSS version that and the backup procedures in the forums for the OSS version apply to ZCS 8 as well. You'll have to search the forums and wiki for a procedure that suits you and try it, test it, until you're happy that it works. I could tell you it's as safe as houses but I don't know your environment, this is a subject that only you can answer.
    Regards

Bill

I am running linux vps server with latest Ubuntu ver. and ZCS 8 open source edition.

I never received the step by step. I looked at all the stuff in the forum and wiki and does not work ?

That is nothing seems compatible to go From open source edition TO network edition on the same server while keeping all the user accounts currently running on the open source edition.

please guide me to the right thread or wiki entry.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbot View Post
    I never received the step by step.
    Read my first reply to you, it tells you there what you need to do to 'upgrade' to NE.

I looked at all the stuff in the forum and wiki and does not work ?
    Posting 'it doesn't work' does not actually tell us anything. What doesn't work? What problems and or errors did you encounter?

That is nothing seems compatible to go From open source edition TO network edition on the same server while keeping all the user accounts currently running on the open source edition.
    Upgrading from the OSS version to NE is the same for all released versions of Zimbra.
    Regards

Bill

Ok. I will communicate with my programmer/sysadmin to get all the error logs and roadbloack preventing us from rolling over from ZCS-8 OSS to ZCS-8 NE.

See link below, post #13 to #15 about steps followed and issues/roadblock my programmer/sysadmin encountered:

Last edited by Zimbot; 01-07-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Thread Information