Thread: migrating zcs 5.0.13 open source to zimbra 8

darkfury3000 is offline New Member

Default migrating zcs 5.0.13 open source to zimbra 8

Currently I have an installation of zimbra 5.0.13 Foss edition. I want to upgrade to the latest version of Zimbra (Zimbra 8) and I dont have very clear the steps to perform the upgrade. Could help giving me some instructions to follow please?. Thank you for your help and sorry by my english.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by darkfury3000 View Post
    Currently I have an installation of zimbra 5.0.13 Foss edition. I want to upgrade to the latest version of Zimbra (Zimbra 8) and I dont have very clear the steps to perform the upgrade. Could help giving me some instructions to follow please?. Thank you for your help and sorry by my english.
    I assume you realise that you'll be moving from a 32bit (I'm assuming) to 64bit environment on new hardware? If that's the case then there's only one document that covers that scenario and it's a Zimbra Certified document in the wiki (also mentioned all over the forums), I'd also suggest you start by reading the product Release Note to see if there are any caveats that may affect you move. When you've read the Release Notes and the wiki post again if you have any questions.
    Last edited by phoenix; 11-26-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

darkfury3000 is offline New Member

Hello Phoenix, i want update zimbra 5.0.13 ( 64bit ) to zimbra 6, zimbra 6 to zimbra 7 ( centos 5 ) and migrate zimbra 7 to other server with centos 6. Now upgrade zimbra 7 to zimbra 8. Thanks for your reply.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by darkfury3000 View Post
    Hello Phoenix, i want update zimbra 5.0.13 ( 64bit ) to zimbra 6, zimbra 6 to zimbra 7 ( centos 5 ) and migrate zimbra 7 to other server with centos 6. Now upgrade zimbra 7 to zimbra 8. Thanks for your reply.
    Please read the Release Notes in detail and the Zimbra Certified document on moving from 32bit to 64bit server (yes it will apply to your configuration) , as I've already suggested then post again if you have any questions. The Release Notes always contain Upgrade instructions.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information