Thread: Zmlmtpinject Question

carnold is offline Advanced Member

Default Zmlmtpinject Question

Major disaster upgrading from 7.2 to 8 on SLES11. I have ZCS8 now installed, users created and all seems to be flowing now. However, i nee to put the .msg messages back into the users mailbox. I am looking at:
    Recover data from store folders
    and trying to understand the syntax. Injecting a whole folder of files would be:
    zmlmtpinject -r user@example.com -s sender@domain.com -d /opt/zimbra/location/#/#/

Its the email addresses that i don't understand, user@example.com -s sender@domain.com. The user@example.com should be the mailbox user that i want to inject? For the sender@domain.com, am i suppose to know the sender of the email being injected? can i leave that off of the command?

[EDIT]
    I left the sender@domain.com out and it seem to inject the messages. The only problem now is keeping the date header correct. The link in that OP leads to a blank page. Anyone know how to keep the date while using zmlmtpinject?
    Also, it looks like some of the injected emails are from my sent box as i get email from me (that were sent to someone else).
    [/EDIT]
    Last edited by carnold; 10-26-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carnold View Post
    Major disaster upgrading from 7.2 to 8 on SLES11. I have ZCS8 now installed, users created and all seems to be flowing now. However, i nee to put the .msg messages back into the users mailbox. I am looking at:
    Recover data from store folders
    and trying to understand the syntax. Injecting a whole folder of files would be:
    zmlmtpinject -r user@example.com -s sender@domain.com -d /opt/zimbra/location/#/#/

Its the email addresses that i don't understand, user@example.com -s sender@domain.com. The user@example.com should be the mailbox user that i want to inject? For the sender@domain.com, am i suppose to know the sender of the email being injected? can i leave that off of the command?

[EDIT]
    I left the sender@domain.com out and it seem to inject the messages. The only problem now is keeping the date header correct. The link in that OP leads to a blank page. Anyone know how to keep the date while using zmlmtpinject?
    Also, it looks like some of the injected emails are from my sent box as i get email from me (that were sent to someone else).
    [/EDIT]
    Due to lack of responses, i guess i am missing something rather easy or it is not possible to keep date in tact?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by carnold View Post
    Due to lack of responses, i guess i am missing something rather easy or it is not possible to keep date in tact?
    zmlmtpinject : a gift and a question
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Found those scripts that are suppose to add the X-Received-Header but it does not appear to work as the messages injected still show as received today.

Thread Information