Thread: Disallow reply to Distribution Lists

chainsaw is offline Intermediate Member

Default Disallow reply to Distribution Lists

I have a distribution list that goes out to about 150 recipients that are external to our domain. Sending to this list from internal users works fine. I would like to keep these external recipients from being able to reply to messages sent to this distribution list. Is there a way to disallow replies completely? I see in the admin console where it appears I can direct replies to a specific email address. I suppose this would suffice, but I it would be nice to completely stop it. Any ideas? We are running Zimbra 8.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Thanks.

magneticinduction is offline Active Member

You need to enable the milter service on the MTA page and follow these instructions based on the exact permissions you want to have.

https://www.zimbra.com/docs/os/8.0.0...ion_Lists.html

Quote Originally Posted by magneticinduction View Post
    You need to enable the milter service on the MTA page and follow these instructions based on the exact permissions you want to have.

https://www.zimbra.com/docs/os/8.0.0...ion_Lists.html
    Yep I tried this already and it looks like I had the same problem you had:

Can't get the milter service to start

It pretty much killed mail delivery on my server too. Not a fan of the milter service. Any other options? Have you figured out a fix?

You ran into that issue too? This must be a bug in the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS version of Zimbra. I fired up a CentOS install and the distribution list restrictions and milter service all worked perfectly. How to we get the devs to work on fixing this?

I am running Network Edition and have support so I can place a support ticket. We just migrated to Zimbra 3 weeks ago and while I was testing things out before the migration I attempted to enable the milter service and basically killed mail delivery. Since we are now running this as a production system, this is not something I really want to toy with or let support toy with, but I am realizing I need some of the features associated with the milter service. I am curious to know if they are working on this for the next release as I really don't want to be a "test" case if you know what I mean.

Please open a ticket about it. I'm running a production OSS system and it would be nice to get milter working.

If they are able to get your system working try to figure out what they did. If you cant maybe that will get the devs on it for the general release.

Thread Information