Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Upgrading to Zimbra 8 Network Edition EPIC FAIL

  1. #1
    rmvg is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Upgrading to Zimbra 8 Network Edition EPIC FAIL

    Hello all tried an upgrade from Zimbra 7.2.0 to 8.0.0 a couple of nights back and it suffered an Epic Fail.

    NOTE i am going from memory as i had to restore zimbra from a backup and do not have the infos infront of me anymore.

    The upgrade seems to go well, but reaches a point where it pops up the config screen you know the one with all settings menus 1. through 12. or whatever. It is asking me correct 2 items one is my license file which i fix easily by pointing Zimbra to a copy of my license file in my /home directory a bit wierd that it cannot find its own license, but alas i do have a copy so no biggy fixed.

    However the next item i need to fix is the LDAP authentication BES something something password it is showing unverified so try to set it but is still unverified so i select q for quit and Zimbra asks me if i would like to quit without saving the changes i enter Yes and it dumps me back to the command line.

    PS i found a post about removing some lines in the zmsetup.pl file which i did remove the mentioned lines, but zimbra still broke at the same spot with the same BES error

    Now Zimbra is totally broken and needs to restored from backup as the upgrade has not completed properly

    Please help me complete this upgrade

    PS maybe Zimbra should ask these questions before it destroys the current installation would save huge amounts of time effort sleepless nights ect
    Computer King

    http://www.computerking.ca

    Sales, Service, and Hosting
    Email, Data, and Web Packages
    Ask about web design specials

    Affiliates
    http://www.computerking.ca/pages/lin...affiliates.htm

  2. #2
    rmvg is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Hello do i have to put in a support ticket for an update?
    Computer King

    http://www.computerking.ca

    Sales, Service, and Hosting
    Email, Data, and Web Packages
    Ask about web design specials

    Affiliates
    http://www.computerking.ca/pages/lin...affiliates.htm

  3. #3
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,492
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmvg View Post
    Hello do i have to put in a support ticket for an update?
    I would suggest that's your best course of action. Just out of interest, is the /opt/zimbra directory structure mounted somewhere with a link to it? As far as I know, there's no reason for the configuration to appear except on a new (first time) installation. Unfortunately I know nothing about BES so I can't contribute anything to a solution for you.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  4. #4
    Diatheke is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Similar results - 7.2 to 8.0 FOSS

    Quote Originally Posted by rmvg View Post
    Hello all tried an upgrade from Zimbra 7.2.0 to 8.0.0 a couple of nights back and it suffered an Epic Fail.

    NOTE i am going from memory as i had to restore zimbra from a backup and do not have the infos infront of me anymore.

    The upgrade seems to go well, but reaches a point where it pops up the config screen you know the one with all settings menus 1. through 12. or whatever. It is asking me correct 2 items one is my license file which i fix easily by pointing Zimbra to a copy of my license file in my /home directory a bit wierd that it cannot find its own license, but alas i do have a copy so no biggy fixed.

    However the next item i need to fix is the LDAP authentication BES something something password it is showing unverified so try to set it but is still unverified so i select q for quit and Zimbra asks me if i would like to quit without saving the changes i enter Yes and it dumps me back to the command line.

    PS i found a post about removing some lines in the zmsetup.pl file which i did remove the mentioned lines, but zimbra still broke at the same spot with the same BES error

    Now Zimbra is totally broken and needs to restored from backup as the upgrade has not completed properly

    Please help me complete this upgrade

    PS maybe Zimbra should ask these questions before it destroys the current installation would save huge amounts of time effort sleepless nights ect


    I had the same issue when trying to upgrade Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition on Ubuntu 10.04 to 8.0. From the menu system I couldn't get the "Not Verified" to go away and had to quit abandoning my changes and ultimately back to 7.2 The installer menu looked like this (except I removed the [redacted] sections):

    Code:
    Main menu
    
       1) Common Configuration:                                                  
            +Hostname:                             [redacted]           
            +Ldap master host:                     [redacted]         
            +Ldap port:                            389                           
    ******* +Ldap Admin password:                  Not Verified                  
            +Secure interprocess communications:   yes                           
            +TimeZone:                             America/Chicago               
            +IP Mode:                              ipv4                          
    
       2) zimbra-ldap:                             Enabled                       
            +Create Domain:                        no                            
            +Ldap root password:                   set                           
            +Ldap replication password:            set                           
    ******* +Ldap postfix password:                Not Verified                  
    ******* +Ldap amavis password:                 Not Verified                  
            +Ldap nginx password:                  set                           
    ******* +Ldap Bes Searcher password:           Not Verified                  
    
       3) zimbra-store:                            Enabled                       
       4) zimbra-mta:                              Enabled                       
            +MTA Auth host:                        [redacted]           
            +Enable Spamassassin:                  yes                           
            +Enable Clam AV:                       yes                           
            +Notification address for AV alerts:   [redacted]       
    ******* +Bind password for postfix ldap user:  Not Verified                  
    ******* +Bind password for amavis ldap user:   Not Verified                  
    
       5) zimbra-snmp:                             Enabled                       
       6) zimbra-logger:                           Enabled                       
       7) zimbra-spell:                            Enabled                       
       8) Default Class of Service Configuration:                                
       r) Start servers after configuration        yes                           
       s) Save config to file                                                    
       x) Expand menu                                                            
       q) Quit                                    
    
    Address unconfigured (**) items or correct ldap configuration  (? - help)

  5. #5
    rmvg is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Hello similar problem alrite do u have NE or Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Diatheke View Post
    I had the same issue when trying to upgrade Release 7
    .2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition on Ubuntu 10.04 to 8.0. From the menu system I couldn't get the "Not Verified" to go away and had to quit abandoning my changes and ultimately back to 7.2 The installer menu looked like this (except I removed the [redacted] sections):

    Code:
    Main menu
    
       1) Common Configuration:                                                  
            +Hostname:                             [redacted]           
            +Ldap master host:                     [redacted]         
            +Ldap port:                            389                           
    ******* +Ldap Admin password:                  Not Verified                  
            +Secure interprocess communications:   yes                           
            +TimeZone:                             America/Chicago               
            +IP Mode:                              ipv4                          
    
       2) zimbra-ldap:                             Enabled                       
            +Create Domain:                        no                            
            +Ldap root password:                   set                           
            +Ldap replication password:            set                           
    ******* +Ldap postfix password:                Not Verified                  
    ******* +Ldap amavis password:                 Not Verified                  
            +Ldap nginx password:                  set                           
    ******* +Ldap Bes Searcher password:           Not Verified                  
    
       3) zimbra-store:                            Enabled                       
       4) zimbra-mta:                              Enabled                       
            +MTA Auth host:                        [redacted]           
            +Enable Spamassassin:                  yes                           
            +Enable Clam AV:                       yes                           
            +Notification address for AV alerts:   [redacted]       
    ******* +Bind password for postfix ldap user:  Not Verified                  
    ******* +Bind password for amavis ldap user:   Not Verified                  
    
       5) zimbra-snmp:                             Enabled                       
       6) zimbra-logger:                           Enabled                       
       7) zimbra-spell:                            Enabled                       
       8) Default Class of Service Configuration:                                
       r) Start servers after configuration        yes                           
       s) Save config to file                                                    
       x) Expand menu                                                            
       q) Quit                                    
    
    Address unconfigured (**) items or correct ldap configuration  (? - help)
    Computer King

    http://www.computerking.ca

    Sales, Service, and Hosting
    Email, Data, and Web Packages
    Ask about web design specials

    Affiliates
    http://www.computerking.ca/pages/lin...affiliates.htm

  6. #6
    Diatheke is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    FOSS Edition. FOSS == Free Open Source Software

  7. #7
    MACscr is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Did you ever figure this out? I am in the same boat with the NE edition and upgrading from 7.2 to 8.02

  8. #8
    elijahpaul is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Also in a similar boat.

    Upgraded Zimbra 7.2 FOSS, Ubuntu 10.04 to Zimbra 8 FOSS, and now I cannot login via the webclient for any of the accounts, including the admin account!

    i didn't experience any issue/warnings during the upgrade process. So it seems that the upgrade has broken the authentication somehow!

    Really need help with this!

  9. #9
    webguyinternet is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Take a look at this thread... it fixed it for me while upgrading from 7.2.4 to 8.0.2:

    32 to 64 bit Upgrade issue - BES Searcher password

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrading from ZCS 5.0.24 to latest network edition
    By ew@senate.be in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 05:09 AM
  2. Zimbra Network Edition 6.0.10 with Outlook connector always fail
    By antonh in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 11:38 PM
  3. Upgrading from open source to zcs network edition
    By Shticky in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 10:00 AM
  4. upgrading to network edition
    By zzzzsg in forum Installation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 10:58 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 03:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •