Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FQDN at Administration login?

axiomcrs is offline Intermediate Member

Is it possible to change the outgoing port of the Zimbra server that is used with postfix? I have searched the forums/wiki and found no info related to this.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by axiomcrs View Post
    Is it possible to change the outgoing port of the Zimbra server that is used with postfix? I have searched the forums/wiki and found no info related to this.
    According to the note on the PBL at Spamhaus you should be able to remove that block (from their site) as you run a 'genuine mail server'. Is there a problem of relaying your mail through their authenticated servers?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Well it seems that Verizon does not allow relaying and the techs could not offer any assistance towards what is needed to setup a relay for a mail server. We have converted to a static ip and the new ip is still listed on the policy block list of spamhaus. It cannot be removed b/c of some netblock policy. Will this affect setting up a mail server without a relay and using port 25? I have set up a relay using gmail, but when emails are received from the zimbra server, the from address contains my gmail address. that doesn't seem to be what a relay should be doing. Also, yesterday I was receiving emails from the outside, but today they are not coming in.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Well it seems that Verizon does not allow relaying and the techs could not offer any assistance towards what is needed to setup a relay for a mail server.
    I find that quite absurd, is this a business account or a private one?

We have converted to a static ip and the new ip is still listed on the policy block list of spamhaus. It cannot be removed b/c of some netblock policy. Will this affect setting up a mail server without a relay and using port 25?
    It will possibly have an effect, some server will reject mail if it's on that list even if it's a netblock rather than a single IP.

I have set up a relay using gmail, but when emails are received from the zimbra server, the from address contains my gmail address. that doesn't seem to be what a relay should be doing.
    If you really are blocked and can't get around it then the only suggestion I have is to use a professional (i.e. paid-for) service that will relay inbound and outbound mail for you.

Also, yesterday I was receiving emails from the outside, but today they are not coming in.
    Do you see any connection attempts from external server in the log files?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

We do have a business account.

I did not see any connection attempts from external servers in /var/log/maillog.

If I try this from outside my lan and it won't connect, is it a problem:

telnet <my public ip address> 25

Alupis is offline Intermediate Member

Yes the Zimbra server is on a lan. Yes, the telnet I tried is from the Zimbra server. The results were the same as those found in the mail log, i.e. "Connection timed out". I have disabled SElinux in the /etc/selinux/config file by setting it to disabled. That command zmcontrol status reports that all services are running.
    just through i'd throw this in there... simply setting selinux to disabled in the config file is not good enough. you have to reboot for this change to take effect. OR temporarily disable it (after disabling in the config file) so that it will be off until next reboot in which the disabled config file will kick in.

sudo echo 0 >/selinux/enforce

I have rebooted many times. What command will verify that it is off?

Well it seems that Verizon does not allow relaying and the techs could not offer any assistance towards what is needed to setup a relay for a mail server. We have converted to a static ip and the new ip is still listed on the policy block list of spamhaus. It cannot be removed b/c of some netblock policy. Will this affect setting up a mail server without a relay and using port 25? I have set up a relay using gmail, but when emails are received from the zimbra server, the from address contains my gmail address. that doesn't seem to be what a relay should be doing. Also, yesterday I was receiving emails from the outside, but today they are not coming in.
    in Gmail you need to configure the Authorized SendAs sender so that gmail will use that address to forward the email. I used this trick from my home server to get around comcast blocking of port 25 outbound for residential service...

EDIT: in the email header info your gmail address will still show up... but to the user, they will just see the authorized sender address. you can setup multiple authorized sender addresses in one gmail account... and it should be smart enough to keep that address as the From Address (at least mine works that way)... so just setup some generic-looking gmail account and have it pass through.... if all else fails that is... (admittedly not the best solution for a business, but for home private email, it was fine)..

cat /selinux/enforce

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information