So, I've been doing tests and working with Zimbra 8 to get the feel of it before upgrading my production server. I like the changes to the web client, I thought it was well done and an improvement over the previous styling (though the font size is considerably smaller), The one thing I just can't seem to get is the reasoning behind the changes to the admin UI. On the surface it looks pretty and modern, but in actual usage, it's a royal pain. Before I could see all my selections down the left side, now everything is hidden and only revealed in small slices depending on what you select from the drop down menu. This means that if you don't know where something is, be prepared to click a LOT to finally get to where you want to go. It doesn't make any sense from a UX standpoint to make it that hard to navigate. The little drop-down that shows recently opened areas seems to be something someone added to ease some of the pain the rest of the navigation causes.

Then you have the little "Gear" icon which gives you more nav choices that aren't visible anywhere else. I just want to see all my options instead of clicking and changing pages 4 times to get to an area that previously I could go straight to.

Can anyone explain why this was changed the way it was and can it be modified to be a bit more like it used to be?