Thread: Mac OS X (10.8.2) Mail.App and Zimbra 8 issues

tiberiuu is offline New Member

Default Mac OS X (10.8.2) Mail.App and Zimbra 8 issues

Hello.

I just upgraded the ZCS to 8.0, and a weird issue started to happen: All of the Mac users that read their email using Mail.App via IMAP cannot get their emails anymore. The error that we see is

The IMAP server “mail.<domain>.com” rejected the password for user “<user>@<domain>.com" (i replaced the real domain with <domain> and the real user with <user> in this post).

Things worked perfectly with ZCS 7.0, 7.2, 7.2.1.
    If it matters, I am using the Open Source version.

Can anybody point me into the right direction? I don't even know where to begin to search for trouble... zimbra.log shows only this in regards to my user having problems:

Sep 24 13:16:40 zimbra saslauthd[22594]: auth_zimbra: <user>@<domain>.com auth OK
    Sep 24 13:16:41 zimbra saslauthd[22593]: auth_zimbra: <user>@<domain>.com auth OK

To add to the weirdness, I did this"

$ zmprov ms '<server>.<domain>.com' zimbraIPMode ipv4
    $ libexec/zmiptool
    Setting local config zimbra_zmjava_options=-Xmx256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
    Setting local config mailboxd_java_options=-server -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=60 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
    $ zmcontrol restart

and now macs are working. So the problem resides somewhere in the IPMode "both"? Any pointers as where should I try to dig more?

Minotaur is offline Member

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I've recently started moving our users from ZCS 7 to 8 and come across the same issue with our Mac users. I'm loathed to force v4 only - one of the things we pride ourselves on is being fully v6 ready.

Edit: I can confirm the solution shown above does seem to resolve the issue, but as I've said, I'm very reluctant to kill v6 support, so any alternative suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
    Last edited by Minotaur; 02-06-2013 at 06:16 PM.

I wasn't able to make Mail.App and Zimbra 8 work in a mixed IPv4/IPv6 environment, no. The solution was to have Zimbra work IPv4 only.

Minotaur is offline Member

So it's a few months later and we're now at 8.04. Does anyone know if this particular issue has been resolved?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    So it's a few months later and we're now at 8.04. Does anyone know if this particular issue has been resolved?
    It won't get resolved unless there as a bug report filed in bugzilla, was there one filed? If there wasn't then file a bug report with full details of the problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information