these solutions (I guess you took a backup before trying this risky procedure?).
Upgrading from 7.1.4_GA_2555 to 8.0.1_GA_5438
Stopping zimbra services...done.
This appears to be 7.1.4_GA
Error: /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/ldap.bak is empty
UPGRADE FAILED - exiting.
ldap.bak is 0 sized, i've got ldap.bak20121121152521 this is recent, todays backup i assume, time stamped 21 Nov 15:25, copied it over ldap.bak but still gives error that its empty when its not...
p.s. yes i've rsync'ed entire /opt/zimbra folder before upgrade.
Ok fix'ed it.
After upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 64x to 12.04 64x need to remove following
and ONLY then upgrade from 7.1.4 to 8.0.1, then zimbra proceeds with upgrade.
You going to have errors in mysql (mysql error log) to fix that you'll need to run mysql_upgrade (/opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysql_upgrade -S /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -u root -p) you can get your root password by running under zimbra user "zmlocalconfig -s | grep mysql_root_password"
Now seems that zimbra working correctly BUT
takes 100% cpu time,
and i cannot connect to admin console but i can telnet to them from my lan computer. Its a kinda of dump question... even tho i removed iptables still cant connect to web admin.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)