Thread: Migration from Zimbra to Office 365

markkusuominen is offline Starter Member

Default Migration from Zimbra to Office 365

I am testing batch migrations from Zimbra to Office 365. I ran one sucessful migration to test connectivity to the server etc. In the CSV file, I supplied the user's information and password. No issues with the migration - worked as it should.

I am trying to setup my batch CSV files using administrator credentials so I do not need to know every user's password on Zimbra. The administrator account has the necessary permissions to access the user mailboxes. What format is needed in the CSV file for to use the administrator credentials?

I have tried what is mentioned here: Prepare a CSV File to Migrate E-mail from an IMAP Server

However, Zimbra did not like the format adminuser@my.email*student@my.email format and the batch failed. I used the adminuser's password in the CSV file.

Could anyone share what they have tried in the batch CSV file to use administrator credentials?

kruon is offline Loyal Member

Based on the examples, I'd try something like:
    Code:
    EmailAddress,UserName,Password
    olli.oppilas@new.example.com,admin*olli.oppilas@zimbra.example.com,P@ssw0rd
    Or:

Code:
    olli.oppilas@new.example.com,admin@zimbra.example.com*olli.oppilas@zimbra.example.com,P@ssw0rd
    But if I understood right, the later is the format you tried and mentioned as failing one?

I would recommend doing this in two steps, first import the accounts without transferring the email.
    After you've checked that accounts have been created, use IMAPSync to transfer the mail from zimbra to outlook 365.

See this thread, you should be able to do imapsync without knowing the users passwords.

markkusuominen is offline Starter Member

Hi kruon,

Thanks for your reply, I'll try the format you suggested (have not tried all variations yet).

I have created accounts fine, its just the email that I need to transfer from Zimbra.

I'll also try Imapsync like you suggested, thanks for the link!

Best,

- Markku

Quote Originally Posted by kruon View Post
    Based on the examples, I'd try something like:

gwstroup is offline Starter Member

Were you able to get the CSV file formatted correctly for this? I'm currently having the same issue.

Thanks!

kwhnan is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Help on migration needed

Could you please tell whaat all permissions to be done to give the administrator accountpermission top access user mailbox?
    We need to migrate but stuck how to do with administrator account as we dont have user passwords..

Please reply.

Quote Originally Posted by markkusuominen View Post
    I am testing batch migrations from Zimbra to Office 365. I ran one sucessful migration to test connectivity to the server etc. In the CSV file, I supplied the user's information and password. No issues with the migration - worked as it should.

I am trying to setup my batch CSV files using administrator credentials so I do not need to know every user's password on Zimbra. The administrator account has the necessary permissions to access the user mailboxes. What format is needed in the CSV file for to use the administrator credentials?

I have tried what is mentioned here: Prepare a CSV File to Migrate E-mail from an IMAP Server

However, Zimbra did not like the format adminuser@my.email*student@my.email format and the batch failed. I used the adminuser's password in the CSV file.

Could anyone share what they have tried in the batch CSV file to use administrator credentials?

chris.brosnahan is offline Starter Member

Default CSV Format

Quote Originally Posted by gwstroup View Post
    Were you able to get the CSV file formatted correctly for this? I'm currently having the same issue.

Thanks!
    So I happened upon this thread with the same issue and after some trial and error I found the correct formatting. If you use the Mirapoint format from the article above it works. Make sure to leave the header line at the top, then each line should be: the Office 365 email address of the user being migrated, the Zimbra email address for the user to be migrated, the Zimbra admin account name, then the Zimbra admin account password.

terrya@contoso.edu,#terry.adams@contoso-students.edu#mailadmin#,P@ssw0rd
    annb@contoso.edu,#ann.beebe@contoso-students.edu#mailadmin#,P@ssw0rd
    chrisc@contoso.edu,#chris.cannon@contoso-students.edu#mailadmin#,P@ssw0rd

Thread Information