I have attached to this post some updates to the scripts on the Live Sync wiki page...
Server Live sync - Zimbra :: Wiki
I can't edit the Wiki page right now since the Wiki is undergoing maintenance and not accepting new edits.
The tgz file contains updated scripts plus a Nagios plugin and nrpe configuration. Note that on Ubuntu the plugin would be put in /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib and under Redhat 64-bit it would be under /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/contrib. Adjust the nrpe config accordingly.
Here is a paste of the changelog...
1) Started changes log :)
2) Constants in upper case, variables in lower case
3) Exclude ldap log changes from inotify watch
4) Nagios plug-in to monitor time since last successful operation
5) Redologs are archived once successfully replayed
6) Redologs are retrieved from incremental backups on Zimbra Network edition
7) Redologs are purged independently after specified time on both servers
8) Magic path names and numbers now defined in constants
9) Log reporting by level and with filtering
10) Script aware of the java redolog replay process
11) convertd runs during redolog replay if enabled so indexing will work