Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding company logo to Login page?

JSchmitz is offline Member

Default Adding company logo to Login page?

We would like to add our company logo to the login page of Zimbra, as well as once they get inside zimbra to see their mailbox as well.

We do not want to remove any of the existing logo's we just want our logo on the page somewhere.

Is this against the ZCS license? If not, how can I put this in?

kruon is offline Loyal Member

I'd advise against adding your own logos.
    You have to re-add them every time you upgrade.
    How many times have you stumbled on a zimbra logon page on internet(sans your company logos) and thought "oh look, zimbra, I better enter my login and password"?
    Honestly, you won't gain any value by wasting time to place extra logos on the logon/theme pages.

I'd suggest you spend that time to read on how to improve antispam or general security on your server instead. Or implement and test backup procedures.

Thanks for the advice, but realistacly I am not going to be using this tool to it's full potential. It's not going to run our e-mail system, it is going to be used as a simple mail relay and a catch all for one of our customers. We will likely never upgrade, backup, or have to worry about spam. My higher ups have asked for the logo, so does anyone know how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
    It's not going to run our e-mail system, it is going to be used as a simple mail relay and a catch all for one of our customers. We will likely never upgrade, backup, or have to worry about spam. My higher ups have asked for the logo, so does anyone know how to do it?
    Then why use zimbra at all?
    If all you want is simple relay, catchall for one domain and perhaps webui to read the catchall box, zimbra is overkill and wrong tool for that purpose.

You could simply register free edition google apps account for that purpose.

The customer wants a fancy web based interface to be able to login to. Zimbra seems just fine for what we are using it for. Especially if we need to expand it to allow more customers access.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
    The customer wants a fancy web based interface to be able to login to. Zimbra seems just fine for what we are using it for.
    If you are using ZCS as a relay server and ant-spam server then there won't be anything for the user to see if he logs into the Web UI. Unless I'm missing something obvious in your previous statements - surely all his mail will be stored on your primary mail server?
    Last edited by phoenix; 08-22-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Not to be rude, but whatever I'm using the server for is irrelevant at this point. What I really need to know is:

1. Does it violate the license agreement to have our logo added to the login page / GUI.

2. How would one do this.

I'm rereading the eula and it sounds bit odd.
    From eula:
    You may not remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notice in or on the Product. You may not modify, alter or tamper in any way with the Product (if you desire to make modifications to the Product, please instead use the source code version under the appropriate Open Source Licenses).
    If I'm understanding this correctly
    * you cannot remove any existing logos - doesn't forbid adding more

But the second sentence:
    * you may not modify .. instead use the source code version under the appropriate Open Source Licenses

So.. If you want to make any changes or modifications to the product, you need to use the source code version and compile it yourself instead prebuild binaries?
    That sounds bit painful to do for a simple logo addition since it's just a one extra line into jetty template and one file in jettys image directory.

Can someone else comment on that EULA sentence?
    It's bit unclear to me.

bump... Anyone?

Tripple is offline Elite Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information