Thread: NE 8 Beta 5 issues

Cam
    Cam is offline Intermediate Member

Default NE 8 Beta 5 issues

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report any issues. I tried to install a small multi-server ZCS NE on Centos 6.2 and found I was unable to log in at all. This stopped me from evaluating the product.

The login page appeared but the correct user and password were never accepted, and intermittently a message about the browser needing to accept cookies was shown (the browser does allow cookies).

There may have been a proxy configuration issue but somehow I doubt it. The login page was shown correctly.

I'm continuing with a single machine install to see if I can get it to work. A shame because I was partly interested in the UI changes but also because I wanted to try out the multi-master LDAP configuration.

-Cam

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You're going to have to give a bit more information that 'it doesn't work' and some more information such as your DNS record configuration, which services are running on which machines, what you're tried for debugging this problem and what errors you're seeing in the forums and whether you've tried any of the solutions in the forums for 'can't login' type of problems.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Cam

Thanks Bill,

the multi-server install opportunity has passed for now, I will continue with a single server.

I thought maybe the information I gave was enough to tell if it was a known error in the beta - specifically login details not being recognised and an intermittent message about cookies. In other words the standalone proxy was able to relay the login form and some behaviour (the cookie message). As far as I know the rest of the system was working fine (fake root DNS, separate proxy, MTA and LDAP servers configured for HTTP proxying as per the multi-server install guide).

-Cam

Cam

OK having completed the single user install, I'm still confused.

Pointing the browser at the server (http) I get connection refused.

Using https I get a working login.

In my original setup I would have connectivity from the browser to the proxy, but not from the browser to the mailbox server. I had configured http proxy (I tried once with the install menus and subsequently using zmproxyconfig).

Does some setting inappropriately default to https in 8 beta? Can anyone confirm the correct configuration for a standalone proxy type install?

-Cam

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Does some setting inappropriately default to https in 8 beta?
    Yes but it's not inappropriate, HTTPS is the default connection method (you should always use it).

QUOTE=Cam;245883]Can anyone confirm the correct configuration for a standalone proxy type install?[/QUOTE]There's no such thing (unless I'm misunderstanding you), you should not have the proxy installed in a signle server configuration.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Cam

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Yes but it's not inappropriate, HTTPS is the default connection method (you should always use it).

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Can anyone confirm the correct configuration for a standalone proxy type install?
    There's no such thing (unless I'm misunderstanding you), you should not have the proxy installed in a signle server configuration.

My interest is in a multi server installation but I backed off to a single server after I didn't get the multi-server one to work (I now have 7.2 running just fine in the multi-server configuration, with the same VMs, DNS setup etc, so I think the problems I saw are something unusual about 8).

So when I said "a standalone proxy type install" I meant a single proxy node in a multi-server configuration...

I understand it's also possible to have the proxy installed in the single-server configuration (the Admin guide instructs on how to do this). I realise the value of it is limited to exploring how the proxy works in this case

-Cam

Thread Information