Since I upgraded to 7.12, I have had periodic moments where the CPU utilization shot way up on the server. Typically, this is when the server caught a virus.

This went on for a few weeks until I discovered that my ClamAV DBs were corrupt, so I deleted them and started from scratch. This seems to have fixed the problem for the past month. I have not had any problems at all.

Today, I got a Cacti report indicating that CPU utilization was over 15% for a 5 minute period, so I started digging. Eventually, it went down by itself without any interaction from myself.

I started looking at ClamAV, Amavisd, and Freshclam.

I found that there was no Freshclam log, and the last time that the ClamAV had reloaded the Database was July 4th (13 days ago).

I dug around and found that everything looked correct in the freshclam.conf, it just wasn't running.

I ran

Code:
ps aux | grep freshclam
I verified that it wasn't running, so I restarted it with
Code:
/opt/zimbra/clamav/bin/freshclam --config-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/freshclam.conf -d --checks=12
it started without any errors, updated from my local mirror and notified Clamd of the update.

Now both logs are there, and they look fine, but I'm just wondering what happened.

Any ideas?