Thread: ZImbra Vs Exchange

veiliance is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb ZImbra Vs Exchange

Hi Guys

Ok so what im doing is proving that zimbra is awesome becuase i love its lil gui mail client i think it completely owns outlook but nether the less i have to prove that to my directors etc -.-

Now what i have so far is a working Zimbra Collaboration Server i can send and receive from it everything! and btw i hate that google bought out meebo was such an awesome zimlet anyways so what my collegue could do was have our normal work emails that use a google apps account and forward it to user@exchange.co.za and then on his extremely resource heavy windows server he could set the reply to address as user@googleappsdomain.co.za and when he sent an email it looked as if the google apps account sent it and im sure zimbra can do something similar but i cant change the domains MX records because then everyone has to move to zimbra and they aren't quite convinced yet so does anyone know how one would go about this.

ps. I suck at grammar and full stops and all that jazz ^^ so excuse my typing skillZ

Regards
    Veiliance

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by veiliance View Post
    ps. I suck at grammar and full stops and all that jazz ^^ so excuse my typing skillZ
    I think you should add spelling to that list, in addition you need to trying improving those 'missing' skills because I can't understand what you're actually asking.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

OK

i have two domains abc.co.za and bob.test.co.za

i have free access to the mx records on bob.test.co.za and dont have access to the mx records on abc.co.za

so i have veiliance@abc.co.za that will forward to veiliance@bob.test.co.za but when i send a mail from veiliance@bob.test.co.za i want it to look as if it came from veiliance@abc.co.za is that possible

Regards
    Veiliance

hey

Thanks for the reply but sadly I have tried this already and it still shows my address veiliance@test.bob.co.za

Hey Guys

Ok so a huge THANK YOU to nrc your suggestion worked but i have one more question when a user downloads the desktop client ( zimbra Desktop ) it doesnt add the zimlets i have deployed is there a way to do this?

Regards
    Veiliance

Thread Information